Texas Brehs and Brehettes how y’all handling this winter storm?

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
People trolling and taking victory laps sound stupid as fukk. Y’all do realize that literally millions of people voted against the likes of Ted Cruz & Greg Abbott, right? And y’all do realize that the people who are disproportionately affected by this the most aren’t the ones living in the same neighborhoods as them, right?

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
We're not. :russ: :francis:

Being completely honest though, I'm a big breh and the cold isn't a major issue because I can layer up and use blankets. Didn't care to go outside sans surveying what happened for a few seconds and sitting in the car to charge my phone (see below as to why). Got lucky enough to where the GF came down for a weekend visit and we basically got iced in. :manny:

The top problem I faced was having no power for about a day (whole crib is electric so cooking and shyt was out of the question for that period of time). Once the power came back on, we were good.

However, all the food places closing up shop was a BIG problem per Houston social media.

JBoy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
People trolling and taking victory laps sound stupid as fukk. Y’all do realize that literally millions of people voted against the likes of Ted Cruz & Greg Abbott, right? And y’all do realize that the people who are disproportionately affected by this the most aren’t the ones living in the same neighborhoods as them, right?
yup many many black folk suffer down here from our states bumbling governmental incompetence, Richy Sue who lives in some swanky suburb of say Dallas ain't suffering as much as Tyreke who lives in a working class neighborhood in the rural exurbs of Texas who has to come home to sleep after a 10 hour shift at the local warehouse with no power in the coldest temps the breh has ever seen in his life.
guess who's shyt is getting turned back on faster most likely

bnew

Veteran
Daps
The Power Generators will need to bill the consumer to fix a mess caused by the Utilities?

Same thing happened in Georgia and South Carolina when Utilities lost Billions trying to build Nuclear plants.

This is gonna be a boondoggle.

that video is propaganda to justify raising energy rates on consumers. They were paying executives millions instead of improving infrastructure and now they won't cut their salaries but pass the cost on to consumers instead.

Last edited: