Tessa Thompson joins Ex Machina director Alex Garland's "Annihilation"

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Tessa Thompson is riding high off Creed. The rising actress is being eyed to star alongside Natalie Portman and Gina Rodriguez in Alex Garland’s Annihilation. The Ex Machina director’s adaptation of Jeff VaderMeer’s book details a quartet of women embarking on a risky mission. Filming is expected to begin this spring. [The Wrap]
The group consists of an anthropologist; a surveyor; a psychologist who serves as the group’s de facto leader; and a biologist, who serves as the narrator.

Thompson is weighing several offers in the wake of “Creed,” though she’s in early talks for “Annihilation,” which is expected to start production this spring.

Thompson starred in Justin Simien‘s “Dear White People” before landing a supporting role in Ava DuVernay‘s “Selma.” Her TV credits include “Veronica Mars” and BBC America’s “Copper,” and she’ll soon be seen on HBO’s “Westworld.”

Thompson is represented by Greene & Associates Talent Agency, Mosaic and Jackoway Tyerman.
'Creed' breakout Tessa Thompson joining sci-fi film with Natalie Portman, Gina Rodriguez

Ex Machina was one of my favorite films of 2015 :banderas:

:salute: to Tessa Thompson getting more after being in Creed.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Yeah, its good to see. I like her as an actress and the movie sounds really interesting, with a diverse cast :ehh:

Nice to see Gina Rodriguez in it as well, even though I don't watch Jane the Virgin.

Wonder who they should cast for that 4th spot :jbhmm:. Imagine if it was an Asian actress.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Yeah, its good to see. I like her as an actress and the movie sounds really interesting, with a diverse cast :ehh:

Nice to see Gina Rodriguez in it as well, even though I don't watch Jane the Virgin.

Wonder who they should cast for that 4th spot :jbhmm:. Imagine if it was an Asian actress.
I'm wondering if she gets the leader or narrator part :jbhmm:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I'm sticking with what I said :russ: I'm just talking recent shyt breh. And sunshine and 28 days later are dope but Dredd and Ex Machina are on another level to me[/QUOTE]

101.gif

I respect your opinion though

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Garland is a great writer so I'll check for anything he does. Hopefully he steps up his game as a director though.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
101.gif

I respect your opinion though

They are...just stuff i care about more i guess. That doesn't take anything away from the dope shyt but you know, everything has to hit you at the right time. Timing is everything with art. Reason I couldn't really fukk with It Was Written until maybe my senior year of high school even though I had it as a freshman.

Last edited: