Terrible 80s film titled Rappin’ (turned into watch thread)

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
I’m tied as hell and just getting home from work & I turn the tv on StreamPix (a channel that shows black movies from various decades) that’s currently in the middle of this movie called Rappin. Starring Mario Van Peebles, Kadeem Hardison, Ice T, and the little brother from the Last Dragon

the info says an ex con shows residents of his Pittsburg ghetto how to drive out ruff raffwith rap music.

That’s all. :russ:
I just got done watching this cringey scene with Ice T rapping (SO not the 80s Ice T we are used to) and these corny dudes onstage with him. :hhh:Then it’s a scene with Mario Van Peebles braking up a fight freestyling about why it’s wrong :mjlol:

Okay now they got some Jussie Smollett looking kid singing in a record booth.:russ:
Has anyone seen this movie before?? I’m curious to start it over, but I think I’d rather save it for a Friday night.

cheek100

Truuu
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Bruh that movie was unintentionally hilarious back then. Only movie worse than breaking 2. :mjlol:

Milk N Cookies

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Bruh that movie was unintentionally hilarious back then. Only movie worse than breaking 2. :mjlol:
:dwillhuh: I was like wtf is going on??? Like Mario Van Peebles ( I literally can never not say his whole name) was chafing the little brother from last Dragon through this train yard & he was going so slow. And he gets cut off by this freight train :comeon: I’m like I KNOW he can can move quicker than that.

Able Archer 83

Two Minutes to Midnight
Daps
Reppin
The explanation for this movie's general corniness and shyttiness lies in the fact that it was produced by Golan-Globus and the Cannon Group, prime purveyors of '80s garbage and exploitation.. The previous year, the very same team pumped out Breakin'. Rappin' even has the same director as Breakin'! Four years later, they put out two dueling lambada movies.

Golan and Globus were Israeli Jews. They obviously viewed rap as a short lived fad that they'd better sink their hooks into before it faded away.

Milk N Cookies

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
The explanation for this movie's general corniness and shyttiness lies in the fact that it was produced by Golan-Globus and the Cannon Group, prime purveyors of '80s garbage and exploitation.. The previous year, the very same team pumped out Breakin'. Rappin' even has the same director as Breakin'! Four years later, they put out two dueling lambada movies.

Golan and Globus were Israeli Jews. They obviously viewed rap as a short lived fad that they'd better sink their hooks into before it faded away.
Wow get it while the money is there no matter how shytty it is.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Crazy thing about Rappin' is that it came out the same year as Krush Groove and was a case of two movie studios both wanting to take advantage of the "rap movie wave" that came with successful low budget movies like Breakin', Breakin' 2 and Beat Street in 1984.