Tennessee Welfare Bill to Attach School Performance to Benefits, 20% Reduction

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
Being proposed..........................

Tennessee lawmaker wants to tie welfare benefits to good grades | Fox News

Tennesee legislators propose new bill which ties welfare to children's school performance, page 1

A Tennessee lawmaker is pushing a controversial new bill that would tie welfare benefits to students' performance in school. Republican state Sen. Stacey Campfield last week introduced the legislation, which calls for the state to cut welfare benefits to parents whose kids don't do well in class. Critics are already panning the proposal as unfair, and one that could hurt students in the end -- but Campfield is defending his idea, which he says would force parents to take a more active role in their children’s education “We’re not asking children to re-write the Magna Carta,” Campfield told FoxNews.com Monday. “A D-minus gets you through.”

“Nothing motivates people like money,” Campfield said. “We have done very little to hold parents accountable for their child’s performance. It’s unacceptable to have this generational cycle of poverty continue

“For a long time parents have gotten away with doing absolutely nothing to help their children,” Campfield said. “That’s child abuse to me.”

:popcorn: ...... thoughts????

Richard Wright

Living Legend
Daps
This is a good thing(theoretically). Dont let the liberals who have incentive to keep u on welfare tell otherwise. Even if the implementation is poor(which it will be) its a step in the right direction.

King Poetic

I’m Washed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
ChurchScoot.gif

1466473_o.gif

tumblr_mcmfgpTKQT1qkfxfn.gif

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
I was all ready to break out the 'cism and CAC remarks but this is actually good. :ehh:

Ill-Mind

Midwest Moonwalker
Daps
I don't see anything wrong with it, if your child can't maintain a D- something's wrong

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Drug test (which failed miserably) now this :yeshrug: ........wonder if he will propose a bill that cuts the welfare and tax breaks that big business get in the state as well?

JBoy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
where do people get this idea that welfare benefits are some amazing thing that is better than having a job?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't see anything wrong with his proposal. I've met too many parents who just casually mention that their kids decided to drop out of school or that they are failing most of their classes. Yet these same parents allow their kids to play COD 24/7 and come and go in the house as they please. They need a kick in the ass and taking away money is enough to get anyone's attention.

I make sure I sit down with my son for a minimum of 30 minutes per day just to go over his homework and make sure he understands everything. For people who don't have that kind of time, they could get their kids a tutor which can often times be free. If parents don't push their kids and care about their grades, then the kids won't care either.