Tekken 8 | PS5/XBOX SERIES X|S/STEAM | Heihachi Returns this Autumn

Raw Sauce

Superstar
Daps

A lot larger starting than in the past is some tricky phrasing. Does that mean larger than T7 arcade which launched with 20? Either way it's good to have confirmation that it'll be larger than what most were expecting (25ish was the most common guess).
:salute:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:patrice: not sure how I feel about this. just keep shyt the same, I don't understand why these companies think change is important, if it ain't broke, why try to fix it!
On one end I get your point but if "if it ain't broke why try to fix it" is your sentiment, why even bother trying to play a new game? Why should Namco bother making a Tekken 8?

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:jbhmm: I'm not sure why you dont understand the concept on how making the mechanics much easier narrows the skill gap between elite level players and beginners... If I reduce the depth of the mechanics from something equal to a game of chess to something similar to rock/paper/scissor.. that goes 100% in favor to the beginner or avg player
A decade of fighting game devs trying to make games more accessible has proven this to be a myth. That's some shyt old heads try to get off because they refuse to adapt or humble themselves to the fact that the new game isn't like the old one so they have to actually LEARN the game instead of coasting on old metas.

The number 1 reason ogs lose to newer players is because the newest players have an open mind and are absorbing more relevant situations. Older players are trying to force their old ideas into a new meta and get mad when it doesn't work out their way. But nikka you refused to humble yourself and adapt:mjlol:

I saw this shyt happen with Street Fighter 5. It was all good when 7-8 nikkas knew the frame data and bullshyt, but now when 75% of the scene accesses the information nikkas wanna be mad because they can't beat up on bums anymore

The irony is trying to make these fighting games easier actually made them HARDER. Again with Street Fighter 5 they tried to make the game easier for casual and oops fukked around and made the hardest Street Fighter game for nikkas to get into. If you're a beginner trying to get into SF5 and you don't know the math you're fukked :francis:

I'm not saying you have to like Tekken 8 but that skill gap shyt is a lie. The actual truth is Twitter, YouTube, and better training modes have closed the skill gap more than new dev mechanics have

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
facts

high skill a year ago ain't high skill today.
If we keeping shyt 1000 most of them way back old school nikkas that do the most complaining didn't have shyt to brag about in terms of skill:mjlol: back at a certain time if yo ass wasn't Japanese you really had nothing to flex about:mjlol:

I remember how all of the older Guilty Gear players would embellish their past skill, then you see old matches of them nikkas and shyt looking :patrice:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
A decade of fighting game devs trying to make games more accessible has proven this to be a myth. That's some shyt old heads try to get off because they refuse to adapt or humble themselves to the fact that the new game isn't like the old one so they have to actually LEARN the game instead of coasting on old metas.

The number 1 reason ogs lose to newer players is because the newest players have an open mind and are absorbing more relevant situations. Older players are trying to force their old ideas into a new meta and get mad when it doesn't work out their way. But nikka you refused to humble yourself and adapt:mjlol:

I saw this shyt happen with Street Fighter 5. It was all good when 7-8 nikkas knew the frame data and bullshyt, but now when 75% of the scene accesses the information nikkas wanna be mad because they can't beat up on bums anymore

The irony is trying to make these fighting games easier actually made them HARDER. Again with Street Fighter 5 they tried to make the game easier for casual and oops fukked around and made the hardest Street Fighter game for nikkas to get into. If you're a beginner trying to get into SF5 and you don't know the math you're fukked :francis:

I'm not saying you have to like Tekken 8 but that skill gap shyt is a lie. The actual truth is Twitter, YouTube, and better training modes have closed the skill gap more than new dev mechanics have
Ehh this isn't really truth, on the surface it might appear that way but the games today are far less skill based than the games of old. Tekken is a prime example of that, the old heads in Tekken are a BEAST even in current T7. Dudes aren't really losing to the new school players, the old heads that don't play T7 or rarely play. Now there are a bunch of great up and coming new tekken scenes and players but in general the people you expect to place well or do well... do so.

Tekken is..well was a legacy game and while they added some newer player friendly stuff it didn't change the core of the game. T8 looks like a lot of legacy knowledge and skills go out the window and just going for it will be a strong option like with all the newer games as of late. So I wouldn't be surprised to see newer players rising up and older heads just falling back.

I have a pretty open mind when it comes to fighters, but a lot of the newer stuff is reaction based, and a knowledge check. Also in newer games they don't want a player to be able to control or zone effectively, nor trap or generally annoy your opponent. That use to be a way to control unga bunga players or players that are just non stop aggressive that want to run their mix and roll dice. Now if you want to purely zone or space control well if a characters does let you do it, you are going to lose to a random jump in into 50/50 corner carry and more mix. On top of that you zoned or controlled the match for 60 seconds? Great, well now the opponent has built up *insert whatever comeback factor* and only needs 1 50/50 mix for the kill. So not only have they boiled most fighting games down to the simplest options they also nerfed controlling space and it's effectiveness.

So yeah people who have been playing since or before USF4 have it bad, they older so reflexes are worse, and the knowledge is super common place so even someone that's super mid has the knowledge to potentially knock out someone that's overall more skilled because they have good reactions and have seen the knowledge check situation on youtube.

Frame data might be the worse "new" thing to come to fighters. It gives people a false sense of what to do and not to do and how good or bad a character is. This is part of the reason I'm really looking forward to SF6 and the way they handle Framedata. At a glance it's or without playing it's harder to look at characters and be like oh yeah do xyz.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:jbhmm: I'm not sure why you dont understand the concept on how making the mechanics much easier narrows the skill gap between elite level players and beginners... If I reduce the depth of the mechanics from something equal to a game of chess to something similar to rock/paper/scissor.. that goes 100% in favor to the beginner or avg player
Quoting you again because I wanted to address the chess point separately

Nikkas LOVE comparing fighting games to chess but that shyt is not true:pachaha: Chess is a binary game that leaves nothing to chance. Nikkas THINK they like the idea of fighting games being chess but if it were true nikkas would be furious:mjlol:

Fighting games are like Poker. Poker requires a high level of skill but also carries a high level of chance because you're dealing with human emotions and RANDOMNESS. In poker you can lose with the best hand or win with the worst, it all depends on how you play your hand. Fighting games are the exact same way

Chess=If I know more than you, I win

Poker=if I figure out how you're bullshyttin me, and I pick battles efficiently, I win

The best fighting games find a good balance between skill and chance, and that's where the hype comes in. I hate when nikkas use rock/paper/scissors as a pejorative because although RPS can ruin a game if it's too prevalent, there is no fighting game in existence that won't have you playing rps at some point in a match

It's hard to fall into these biases and assumptions that fighting games are strictly manifestations of raw skill and intellilect, but if that were REALLY the case we would all be playing Virtua Fighter:mjlol: and nobody fukkin plays Virtua Fighter:mjlol:

Chance and randomness exist in every game. It's not the evil thing nikkas make it out to be

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive

Bruh instead of typing all that, just say, Sanford Kelly.