TED Talk: How the US is destroying young people's future

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
I'm a older breh and I agree with his points. Its not getting any better because people who should be retiring aren't which are holding up jobs. But those jobs may be outsourced or replaced with AI or other technology.

concise

Veteran
Daps
This was recommended to me by the algorithm. I wanted to learn more and found this

and I couldn't believe it was the same guy.

Daps
these cacs - and i lump the likes of bernie sanders in with them - all of a sudden want to lament how unfair and dire things look for our “youth.”

say what you really mean.

white youth, thanks to neoliberalism and the late stage capitalism to which it accelerated us, are facing a future of economic precariousness unlike anything their forebears went through.

what were once material guarantees based on whiteness have slowly eroded thanks to the greed of your capitalist overlords.

black “youth” have faced this hardship every generation since the slaves were “emancipated.”

:unimpressed:

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
This was recommended to me by the algorithm. I wanted to learn more and found this

and I couldn't believe it was the same guy.

Yeeeeeea you won’t agree with 100% of someone’s talking points.

When it comes to young people and the economy- he is spot on.

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
Dude not serious. Last year he was interviewed and his advice for young people was to bury your head and work hard. Standard Go To Boomer advice.

Yes the Silent Generation and Boomers screwed over future generations, but the fact that he's doing a Ted talk, telling young people shyt they already know, proves dude's a phony. Let him go to churches to talk to Boomers and tell them to make things right, would be a more convincing act.