Technology seem stagnant: What are your expectations for Next Gen???

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Seriously the technology of our era seem stagnant and hasn’t made much progression as of late. Cellphones are becoming redundant and internet speeds still varies across the nation. Exotic storages are still expensive such as SSD and we are still using old hard drives with gaming systems.

So in the year 2020 what are you expecting from Xbox and Sony?

My expectations are very low and I am not expecting a drastic change as this gen with streaming and gaming clips.

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
Not an expectation because they're gonna shortchange us no matter what but I need systems to drop with 5TB of storage at minimum. Occasionally GWG and PS Plus will drop free games I want and I'm on my 3rd separate external HD. It's crazy how fast storage fills up. These new AAA titles are 50-100 GB and are only going to get larger.

They also need to make consoles that survive the whole gen technology wise. I'm tired of 3 different iterations of the same console.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
  1. VR and AR are the next frontiers. I expect more consoles to support them.
  2. All consoles to be minimum 1080p/60fps all the time without fail.
  3. 4K being the limit for resolution for the next 20 years.
  4. Consoles to be stackable. Basically I buy a PS5 in 2020. In 2025, I don't go and buy a whole new console. I just buy an add-on/attachment and my console instantly becomes a PS6.
  5. Game chairs that supports VR or multiple displays and that have movement and force feedback.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Superior human-like AI and a living breathing world where shyt happens independent of you.
this is the next step. superior human like ai will be a minute. but the living breathing world where things happen that have nothing to do with you already is in some games on a very low level. you see these open world games where people are walking around, driving, etc.

what needs to happen is that they need to take this the entire way. if i follow a CPU pedestrian on say GTA7. I want to see this lady go out for a morning jog, put the headphones on, sometimes receive a call from her husband at work here the convo if i get close. watch as she finishes her jog. goes get some coffee, walks back home, showers, drives out the driveway, heads to work and actually works in one of those downtown office buildings. to pull this off for say 5000 cpu peds. you need to have them running on separate CPU's with their own Ram and probably their own harddrive. i know that sounds crazy but think about it. its like they are playing their own role playing game, while you're playing yours. just so happen you're user controlled. it can be a game where you can choose to control ANYONE in the game or add yourself to it. it needs that cpu power to know how to react to environmental changes and random like occurrences. It also needs the separate hard drives so that the cpu can save its own memories. so each ped knows what it did earlier or what happened to the world earlier and how all that goes together for the present time.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It is 2018 and we STILL have games with invisible walls, that shyt should have been dealt with last gen.:why:
we still have games with visible walls that you can walk thru on accident. and they are see thru almost at that point.

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
Simply playing a game straight without installation would be great. I copped Spider-Man only to be greeted with 25 minutes before you can play this game.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
this is the next step. superior human like ai will be a minute. but the living breathing world where things happen that have nothing to do with you already is in some games on a very low level. you see these open world games where people are walking around, driving, etc.

what needs to happen is that they need to take this the entire way. if i follow a CPU pedestrian on say GTA7. I want to see this lady go out for a morning jog, put the headphones on, sometimes receive a call from her husband at work here the convo if i get close. watch as she finishes her jog. goes get some coffee, walks back home, showers, drives out the driveway, heads to work and actually works in one of those downtown office buildings. to pull this off for say 5000 cpu peds. you need to have them running on separate CPU's with their own Ram and probably their own harddrive. i know that sounds crazy but think about it. its like they are playing their own role playing game, while you're playing yours. just so happen you're user controlled. it can be a game where you can choose to control ANYONE in the game or add yourself to it. it needs that cpu power to know how to react to environmental changes and random like occurrences. It also needs the separate hard drives so that the cpu can save its own memories. so each ped knows what it did earlier or what happened to the world earlier and how all that goes together for the present time.

That’s where cloud gaming comes into play which is the future. Microsoft has been doing it on a minimal scale since Xbox 360 with the Forza franchise and AI being actually human behavior from other gamers.

I believe we are limited to the power supply within these devices as well. Optimization is very important this upcoming gen