Task, The sequel to Mare of Easttown, HBO 2025

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
yeah, man. I was in denial for the longest because I just KNEW my granddad was okay. During Obama's 1st term, it was one of the greatest feelings to call my granddad as a grown man and discuss politics with him.

We would talk about Obama, and about Kwame Kilpatrick (he voted for Kwame twice :why: :bryan:)

but we would have riveting discussions about politics, man. And he was sharp, sharp.

Then when he took that fall, for the first week or so, he was good. Then the decline happened fast.

He lived for several more years later, but he was just a shell of himself. It broke my heart because we were so close.

It really made me proud some years later at his funeral, when my dad spoke, he mentioned that him and my granddad had talked (before he got sick) and my granddad told him how proud he was of me, and how much he enjoyed our debates.
My granny was literally perfect, like straight out of a movie. It definitely hurt. I’ve had a few dreams where I talk to her again and ask what death is like, never get an answer. She forgot most of the female family, but somehow never forgot me, I still remember whispering in her ear that I love her the night she passed, the nurses said that she seemed to react and hear deeper male voices. Death is hard, but where they are there’s no suffering and I can find peace in that.

pivoting to a slightly less depressing note, there is an incredible episode in the first season of that Castle Rock show where Sissy Spacek has dementia but it’s used as almost a time travel plot device, not to minimalize the disease but it was done incredibly well. Because for a lot of dementia patients it is like that, sometimes they think they’re back in time in a specific moment etc.

There’s also a fascinating documentary on YouTube about the worst case of amnesia known to medical science. This guy has a memory span between of about 7 seconds to a minute.

Daps
Have y'all heard of the show happy valley?

I am only on episode 4 but this show is very similar to it. I think happy valley had better writing and a tighter story line. nonetheless, I am still enjoying this show.

If anyone is looking for a show similar to this watch BBC Happy Valley! It is brilliant!

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Have y'all heard of the show happy valley?

I am only on episode 4 but this show is very similar to it. I think happy valley had better writing and a tighter story line. nonetheless, I am still enjoying this show.

If anyone is looking for a show similar to this watch BBC Happy Valley! It is brilliant!
Damn i forgot all about that show.
shyt was good too. Also this joint called Broadchurch.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
I didn't really understand the emphasis on Mare's daughter. Her being a lesbian & going off to Berkley had no impact on the story whatsoever :heh:

It's like they needed some filler to get in the hour quota they had.
Some of her being lesbian was her recovering her brothers dead body but I don't want the smoke and I'm leaving that alone.:hubie:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I didn't really understand the emphasis on Mare's daughter. Her being a lesbian & going off to Berkley had no impact on the story whatsoever :heh:

It's like they needed some filler to get in the hour quota they had.
The daughter's story was highlighting how different members of her family were grieving. They wrapped it up well at the end when she blamed her moms for having her check on her brother instead of doing it herself.
:mjcry:

People be acting like they're ok... but sometimes we're not breh
:mjcry:

Daps
Damn i forgot all about that show.
shyt was good too. Also this joint called Broadchurch.

Yes!!
There is gonna be a 3rd season soon I am so excited.

When it drops I am gonna give the show a rewatch tbh.

The show has masterful storytelling, and acting.

I enjoyed mare of eastown though, but there is no way the creator wasn't inspired by happy valley. It is way too similar.

Mr Clean

Superstar
Daps
Knocked this series out. Damn, Mare a piece of shyt :wow:

That's fine, but her catharsis came at the expense of the person who stood by her the entire time through all of the insanity and the therapist low key called her out on it. Literally said, "NOW are you ready to go actually deal with your grief?" She literally only had the job as a cop because the Chief didn't punish her for breaking the rules by the way......and when she kept breaking the rules it led to Zobel's mom coming across her face. Think of how many families she blew up in the process while protecting her own. fukk Mare. I'm not doing the high ground talk about that person.......Zobel couldn't call for back up, in the way he normally would've, because Mare was there with him. Think about that! And she became the HERO. How fukked up is that?? She didn't wait for Lor to come to her. She just barged up in her house just like she came up to Zobel's mom. Zero awareness. Only cared about her side of it. fukk Mare.

I was HOT at the last 10 minutes of this fukking series. The gave her happiness at the expense of literally everyone else.

Good analysis breh. Couldn't believe what this woman was getting away with. A lot of things could have been solved by her being impartial about her work

If she didn't convince the old man the security system didn't work he would have let her know about the youngster breaking into the shed that night.

Everything working out in the end was some BS.

edit: Why did they make that kid Dylan seem like such an a$$hole? He turned out pretty solid :russ:

Last edited:

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
I binged watched this last night and had fun. shyt was depressing and the way the girl said that's why your son killed himself:whoo: I knew I was in for something.

They did a great job at making Eastown seem real and giving all the characters back story. I didn't notice any accents because that how people talk around me. I don't live in an area like that but I've been to them enough and know that they really go that far back with each other and all got some shyt going on.

Damn they ate a lot of pizza on this show.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I binged watched this last night and had fun. shyt was depressing and the way the girl said that's why your son killed himself:whoo: I knew I was in for something.

They did a great job at making Eastown seem real and giving all the characters back story. I didn't notice any accents because that how people talk around me. I don't live in an area like that but I've been to them enough and know that they really go that far back with each other and all got some shyt going on.

Damn they ate a lot of pizza on this show.

That's how it be too.. the creator is from PA so made sense but everywhere u go in suburban east coast you'll see pizza shops on every street Lol. That's their Friday night pizza and beer/soda.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Mare of Easttown star Kate Winslet has confirmed that there is an "ongoing conversation" about a second season.

The show had huge success during the Primetime Emmy Award nominations early this week, picking up an incredible 16 total nods – including Outstanding Limited or Anthology Series and one for Winslet in the lead acting category.

Deadline has now asked Winslet for an update on where things stand with the future of Mare of Easttown, and she definitely sounds optimistic.

OBA_TRANS.png

"I would love to play her again, I absolutely believe there's more chapters to her story," she said. "However, just because the story has touched people that doesn't necessarily mean creatively we can do it again.

hbo-mare-of-easttown-1622192958.jpg

HBO

"But it doesn't mean closing doors; we're opening doors, exploring what's behind the doors."

HBO also definitely seems to have interest in making more of Mare of Easttown as well, as confirmed by channel boss Casey Bloys earlier this summer.

"If Brad [Inglesby, writer] felt like he had a story to tell that felt like it would be at the same level, I think everybody would be open to it," Bloys told Variety.

"Right now, he doesn't have that story. Who knows? We'll have to wait to see if they come up with something they're dying to tell."

mare-of-easttown-1618316196.jpg

HBO
He went on: "I don't even have any idea that there's going to be a timeline [for making a season 2 decision]. Usually we take the lead from our creators. There's been no real conversations about what a season 2 would look like.