Task, The sequel to Mare of Easttown, HBO 2025

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
He was crying because he was saying out loud what John wanted him to do, and the weight of spending the rest of his life in prison and being looked at by society as a piece of shyt murderer finally hit him.
Billy= brother
Ryan = kid

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Billy was also kinda slow even by Easttown standards.. u could tell that John was a very manipulative b*stard. But even so.. John didn't feel too certain that Billy would go through with the cover up so that's the reason for the "fishing trip"

Daps
He was crying because he was saying out loud what John wanted him to do for the first time, practicing professing guilt so to speak, and the weight of spending the rest of his life in prison and being looked at by society as a piece of shyt murderer finally hit him when the words left his mouth.

I saw it at the time that is what was happening.
Lmao ok. Flimsy af, but Ok

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
That's why John was like "I need to hear you say it out loud!!"

He was trying to force Billy to go through with a false confession, and make sure he wouldn't back out and get his son in trouble.

He's probably been forcing Billy to cover for him their entire lives. But he wasn't sure his bullying would work this time.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
If Ryan did it why is his Dad locked up? Obstruction of justice? You would think the legal system would show some leniency since he was protecting his son?
Also kinda why I didn't like the final twist. If a kid kills someone he isn't going to jail very long especially if it was an accidental and not premeditated. I understand why his Dad wanted to cover it up but Billy and the wife going along after the fact doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I give it an 8.5/10, good mystery, side stories and developing the vibe of the town was done well and of course the acting but the final twist and why Dylan and them burned the journals didn't make sense.
If Dylan is just burning journals to get custody WTF is that Black dude and Erin's friend risking all this to help? They needed a better reason for that as well.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
If Ryan did it why is his Dad locked up? Obstruction of justice? You would think the legal system would show some leniency since he was protecting his son?
Also kinda why I didn't like the final twist. If a kid kills someone he isn't going to jail very long especially if it was an accidental and not premeditated. I understand why his Dad wanted to cover it up but Billy and the wife going along after the fact doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I give it an 8.5/10, good mystery, side stories and developing the vibe of the town was done well and of course the acting but the final twist and why Dylan and them burned the journals didn't make sense.
If Dylan is just burning journals to get custody WTF is that Black dude and Erin's friend risking all this to help? They needed a better reason for that as well.
nicca, he had sex with a teenage girl, don't they give you twenty years for that in some places

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!

nicca, he had sex with a teenage girl, don't they give you twenty years for that in some places
Plus he DID try to kill his brother

calh45

Cal
Daps

I agree. It's flimsy as shyt.

I got to the end of this shyt and :stopitslime:

The unlikable a$$hole, who gets a few folks taken out, and going around killing everyone's reputation, gets it wrong a ton of times, never apologizes for shyt, and when she gets it right her homie is only low key mad at her and forgives her?

First of all, I HATE the unconditionally loved know it all a$$hole archetype.

Second, the twist was a wild ass stretch. It was better without it.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kate Winslet always remind me of Merly Streep. Would love to see them on the same screen for a movie or series.