Task, The sequel to Mare of Easttown, HBO 2025

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nah the clues were there :mjgrin:

Nah it really wasn't. Cause he was whispering with his pops it was our secret? Cause he beat the shyt out of a bully with a lunch tray? I'm suppose to make the leap that he

Killed his own cousin?

It was pure misdirection for no other reason than to defy expectations.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Nah it really wasn't. Cause he was whispering with his pops it was our secret? Cause he beat the shyt out of a bully with a lunch tray? I'm suppose to make the leap that he

Killed his own cousin?

Stephen king figured it out:sas2:

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO

Killed his own cousin?

He beat the bully after that talk

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
I say this sincerely, Mare of Easttown > True Detective S1.

Yall just be outta pocket for no reason :mjlol:

They ramped shyt up this Ep. Last 10 mins had them SOTL vibes :leon:.

Lil boy beat da shyt outta dat Gump ass fry thrower with that lunch tray :ahh:

I wonder if his dad having an affair may be an affair wit you know who to tie up the other case :whoa:

Knew that Lil boy wasn't being demonic with that lunch tray for no reason :shaq:.

I'm not usually a fan of the double or triple twist but it worked here even if there were some mild illogical moments:ehh: .

Daps
Really enjoyed this mini series, Kate Winslet did a phenomenal job.

That finale was weak, however. Tied things up too flimsily for my taste. Too much went unexplained it under explained. From Dylan pulling the strap on ol girl to Billy confessing to the murder. Seemed too focused on producing a twist than a coherent story.

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
:whew: Kate was a beast in this. She’s gonna sweep the awards

damn didn’t expect that ending, but he deserved to face justice, little cac would’ve became a shooter or something

I will say, Kate maybe should’ve spoken to her best friend before :manny:

good watch

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
:whew: Kate was a beast in this. She’s gonna sweep the awards

damn didn’t expect that ending, but he deserved to face justice, little cac would’ve became a shooter or something

I will say, Kate maybe should’ve spoken to her best friend before :manny:

good watch
Lori made crystal clear that she would have done ANYTHING to keep her son out of jail, during interrogation. That's why Mare sent the Force.

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
Really enjoyed this mini series, Kate Winslet did a phenomenal job.

That finale was weak, however. Tied things up too flimsily for my taste. Too much went unexplained it under explained. From Dylan pulling the strap on ol girl to Billy confessing to the murder. Seemed too focused on producing a twist than a coherent story.
Billy confessed to the murder because he was protecting the child and he had the least to lose (no wife, no kid, no family). Were you not paying attention?

Daps
Billy confessed to the murder because he was protecting the child and he had the least to lose (no wife, no kid, no family). Were you not paying attention?
:comeon:

Of course I was paying attention, I said it was flimsy. Would you agree to spend the rest of your life in prison because of some shyt your brother did to protect your brother’s kid (and really, just protect your brother)? :dahell:

Furthermore, Billy “confessed” to John not the cops. That whole scene looks silly in retrospect. Dude was really crying like he was guilty of something.

And Lmao @ “least to lose”...he had his fukking freedom to lose!

Daps
Same. John already admitted to everything do you really need to have your best friends 13 year old son go to juvie too? If I was Mare I would have gone to Lori first at the very least. It’s your best friend after all.
fukk that. That kid shouldn’t get away with murder. The worst that would happen to him was his family would have split up, that’s tough for kids but come on.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Billy “confessed” to John not the cops. That whole scene looks silly in retrospect. Dude was really crying like he was guilty of something.
He was crying because he was saying out loud what John wanted him to do for the first time, practicing professing guilt so to speak, and the weight of spending the rest of his life in prison and being looked at by society as a piece of shyt murderer finally hit him when the words left his mouth.

I saw it at the time that is what was happening.

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Also yeah this ain't fukking with TD1 and 3. This is more "The Killing" level of TV show.
The first season of The Killing was the most ridiculous red herring filled whodunit ever.

seasons 3 and 4 were great though