Take Two ruining the WWE license unappreciation

Daps
How the hell did they annualise Wrestling and turn it into a boring micro transaction filled buggy sim

What happened to games like Smackdown
Day of Reckoning and No Mercy? THQ gave us variety and the games were fun and easy to pick up. Wrestling is entertainment it is not a competitive sport like UFC or NBA so it doesn’t need to be simulated or to feel realistic with stiff stick controls.

you grab an opponent and throw them or wack them with a chair

2k made it stale

I liked battlegrounds but it’s too over the top and the art style is ehh

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
They need to get away from the simulation bs. It makes those wrestling games so stiff and robotic.

Just embrace the arcade aspect.
WWE at its core is deliberately made to look flashy and unrealistic compared to real pro wrestling. I never understood why they thought a video game based on something as fake and unrealistic as WWE, should play like a simulation of real wrestling.

Last edited:

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
2K19 was dope. Got it on PSNow and play it every couple of days. Just had a 5 star classic with RVD vs Flock Kidman on RAW, The Fiend & Balor tore it down at WM, Sasha just made Rousey tap for the SD title in 22 minutes, & Eddie cashed in his MITB on Reigns ahead of time and pinned him clean for the title to end Mania. :wow: I didn't bother w/ 2K20 after word of mouth got around. Maybe 2K21 will right the ship. :yeshrug:

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Still the best Wrestling game I ever played;

iu

I agree with OP, though

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
2K19 was dope. Got it on PSNow and play it every couple of days. Just had a 5 star classic with RVD vs Flock Kidman on RAW, The Fiend & Balor tore it down at WM, Sasha just made Rousey tap for the SD title in 22 minutes, & Eddie cashed in his MITB on Reigns ahead of time and pinned him clean for the title to end Mania. :wow: I didn't bother w/ 2K20 after word of mouth got around. Maybe 2K21 will right the ship. :yeshrug:
2k19 is awesome but it ain’t HCTP, SYM or even SD2

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
So there's been two wrestling games released this year that sort of scratches the itch you guys seem to be talking about. But let's go over the ground rules.

There's old skool and new school.
Old wrestling games was the shyt and kept improving gameplay. Graphics is what's important today so new gamers which makes up the majority as time passes by... they don't like old shyt, so reviews are usually from a new ages perspective. Two games that fill the void, this came out yesterday...

This game is WWF superstars like, any review from an og says it's a better version but most reviews from New age gamers don't like it.

The first game is only 12 right now, the other game was 30 last time I checked.