Tabletop RPGs (Dungeons and Dragons) are what you need to be playing, trust me.

DjMe

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know these come with a stigma, but reading through some of the threads on here, I can say with 100% confidence that some of you guys would like that medium way more than a controller and tv set up.

If you've never played one before, a tabletop RPG is a game which you play with your friends, rolling dice to determine the outcomes of battles and various interactions your "character" would have with the environment. 1 person (the dungeon master) runs the world, maps the battles and settlements, dictates the story, and rules whether your actions are successful or not. It is, essentially, the formula that every video game draws from, but way more rewarding.

After playing DND for half a year now, I can tell you this: there is no such thing as a "sandbox" video game, because it will always be limited by technology... whereas a tabletop RPG is limitless, and relies on the imagination of everyone at the table.

For an idea of what a game is like: watch critical roll on youtube.

To jump right in: pick up the DND starter set on amazon, I think it's less than 20$. It comes with a premade campaign that you can run for a group of friends.

When you get going with it, the energy at the table is crazy. It feels like playing a competitive sport, or watching a game with your friends. Jokes, drinks, and gaming, but with a medium that encourages you to learn more and be creative.

DND is to video games, what p*ssy is to tugging your meat. It's a whole different game, trust me. I'm that older friend that's telling you what a vagina feels like, and you're the kid in grade school saying "ewwww sounds weird, I don't get it."

Trust me.

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
The stigma is a past idea, only ignorant fools made fun of it because they didnt understand. In today's world of being pro scifi/comic books DnD isn't so weird.

The bigger issues are the barriers to this.
Having a group of people willing to have patience, imagination, time and a place to play.

Having a DM in general is a responsibility and that's tough to find.

I'm not shytting on your post. You're right DnD is dope I wish I had a crew I could sit down with and roll dice for a few hours.

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
I used to play this in like 5th grade :ohhh:

But i dont got any friends who would be willing to try this with me in 2018 :russ:

Probably is fun AF though :to:

When I was in college they had groups who would play stuff like this on weekends...it was like a club. They played Magic the Gathering as well.

I used to see it cause I worked in the food court on weekends :mjgrin:

Solano707

The Coli's dirty Afro-Mexicano
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California (Live in GA)
At my local gaming store they get this shyt cracking every Sunday night. I don't have time but I would.

My favorite table top games (not rpg per say) are:

Legend of the five rings
Magic (haven't played jn years lol)
Warhammer 40k

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I played a few. I got heavy into board games last year but haven't played any this year.
It's a good activity with family. Video games and movies aren't the end all be all of entertainment.
Board games give you a good opportunity to speak with each other instead of quietly staring at screens.
I played Dungeons and Dragons, The Doom board game, Sheriff of Nottingham, Settlers of Catan, and I still have Secret Hitler in the box and haven't gotten around to trying it out.
The classics are always great: Chess, Checkers, Monopoly. Chess and Settlers of Catan are probably my all time favorites.

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
I play board games. I would try tabletop shyt but i guarantee i would like vids better :yeshrug:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I played my first DD game a month or two ago, when I was at a “facility.”

shyt was kinda fun. We were told to use voices too. I picked a low growl like voice (which was a bad idea. shyt hurt my throat). I was chaotic neutral.

We all just chain smoked cigs and had fun for an hour or two. I’d do it again :ehh:

Daps
Reppin
Lwo Lakeset
I got a couple of rich Cacs I know who play this and invited me

But I haven't got time for this shyt honestly

I've been thinking about copping that the thing board game though

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is one of my darkest secrets:snoop:

I've always wanted to play this shyt:to:

It's fun as fukk. It's also one of the best "high" activities that you could ever come up with.

Ain't shyt like getting snuck up on, getting captured, having your party thrown into a coliseum to fight for your life, and using straight ingenuity/luck to get out of stupid situations.

So much fukkery