T-Mobile & Sprint are in Active Talks About a Merger (Official)

JordanWearinThe45

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
T-Mobile and Sprint are in active talks about a merger, according to people close to the situation.

Both companies and their parents, Deutsche Telekom and Softbank, have been in frequent conversations about a stock-for-stock merger in which T-Mobile parent Deutsche Telekom would emerge as the majority owner.

People close to the situation stress that negotiators are still weeks away from finalizing a deal and believe the chances of reaching an agreement are not assured. The two sides have not yet set an exchange ratio for a deal, but are currently engaged in talks to hammer out a term sheet.

The companies declined to comment on the report.

T-Mobile and Sprint have had a seemingly endless dalliance over the years since Softbank took control of Sprint, pushed by the prospect of billions of dollars in cost synergies that a merger would bring. The last time the two companies held meaningful talks earlier this year, Softbank's Masayoshi Son indicated a willingness to sell Sprint to T-Mobile.

This time, given the all-stock nature contemplated, Softbank would emerge as a large minority holder in any combination. While T-Mobile CEO John Legere is expected to lead any combination that results from a merger, Son has made it clear he wants a say in how the company is run. That desire adds another layer of complexity to an already difficult transaction.

T-Mobile has not begun due diligence on Sprint, yet another step that could change current price expectations or the willingness to move forward.

The biggest issue is whether any merger between the No. 3 and No. 4 wireless carriers in the nation would be approved by antitrust regulators. The risk of rejection by the Department of Justice will play an important role in the final decision made by both sides as to whether they will proceed with a deal.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/19/t-mobile-and-sprint-are-in-active-talks-about-a-merger.html

:lupe:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
So Sprint is about to go away then. Been with them since 2002 so it will be weird to see them go.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
:beli: C'mon son... Don't do this... Sprint is Garbage, shyt doesnt even have a GSM network anymore...
In the rural areas I’m in for my job my personal Sprint phone is far more reliable than my work Verizon phone.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
t mobile is great in urban areas but outside of that their service is terrible.

if you plan on traveling through any state that has a lot of mountains and hills your screwed.
They have been like that for ages

Time for them to step up cuz even AT&T is doing better in outside areas