T Mob says...NO MORE DATA THROTTLING. True Unlimited is back.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
T-Mobile created a lot of buzz this week when it announced it was bringing back an unlimited plan without data throttling. In the age of data caps and deprioritization, that seems like a pretty nice deal — and it might be. But as always, there’s more at play here than T-Mobile just offering a better unlimited plan.

T-Mobile says its new plan, Magenta Max, is truly unlimited. It includes 4K video streaming and high-speed data without deprioritization, where all other “unlimited” plans impose slowdowns once a user hits certain thresholds. T-Mobile chief marketing officer Matt Staneff confirmed in a call with The Verge yesterday that there are no strings attached to the deprioritization bit — it’s all-you-can-eat 5G data.

T-Mobile isn’t offering unlimited 5G because it’s a nice guy

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I was worried after the sprint merger but so far so good. Switched to T Mob in 2018 n been satisfied so far. they come a long way since 2012 when they was almost bought out by AT&T.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
they just got some more spectrum too..
They passed at&t with the merger. They went from nearly bankrupt to a big dog now. Hell of a come up. I still dont like the consolidation of the market cuz i think in the future they gonna pull some bullshyt but the controls competition with verizon n att been good so far. Remember, them other 2 got rid of unlimited internet n t mob forced their hand so they fell back.

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
My MNVO uses T-Mobile spectrum. Always good to hear them making moves

Daps
5G is actually slower than LTE alot of the times unless you're connected to an ULTRA WIDE BAND which is only available in very selectively areas at the moment