Switch at 129.5m Units sold, Zelda ToTK crosses 18.5m units sold

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
I don't keep up with shyt like sales to know, but if they kept on this pace how long would it take to outsell the PS2? And how many years did it take the PS2 to reach those numbers? Thread is pretty interesting, but you gotta add the console war fuel for flair

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I don't keep up with shyt like sales to know, but if they kept on this pace how long would it take to outsell the PS2? And how many years did it take the PS2 to reach those numbers? Thread is pretty interesting, but you gotta add the console war fuel for flair

They would need around 30 million more, last reported numbers for ps2 were about 155m but they sold around 5-6m after. It might come close but i don’t think it will do it. There’s not really any other zelda tier software announced for it, outside of mario wonder and maybe another pokemon remaster theres not gonna be any new hardware revisions either.

If you check worldwide switch sales have been falling everywhere but Japan so by next year it will slow down a lot more. The next major games from Nintendo would be a new 3D mario and Mario Kart which i don’t see releasing until switch 2

Last edited:

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
30 million is asking for a lot out of a 6 year old console, but if they keep dropping heat while refusing to drop another console I can see it happening for sure. Problem is the older it gets the easier it becomes to emulate, so while my phone/switch may be a little shaky today, it gets better optimization as time passes. But that's just me assuming everyone else would be smart enough to just emulate the shyt as opposed to being like the manlet I was about to duel on the airplane and just buying one.

This is probably gonna be my first time really paying attention to sales. I know it eats at Nintendo that as legendary as the SNES was, PS2 still holds the title belt.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
30 million is asking for a lot out of a 6 year old console, but if they keep dropping heat while refusing to drop another console I can see it happening for sure. Problem is the older it gets the easier it becomes to emulate, so while my phone/switch may be a little shaky today, it gets better optimization as time passes. But that's just me assuming everyone else would be smart enough to just emulate the shyt as opposed to being like the manlet I was about to duel on the airplane and just buying one.

This is probably gonna be my first time really paying attention to sales. I know it eats at Nintendo that as legendary as the SNES was, PS2 still holds the title belt.

Nintendo’s handhelds have always been their biggest sellers, the DS is at 154m, and aside from that its the gameboy at like 118m and then the wii at around 100m.

The SNES, N64, GameCube, etc. were consistent declines for Nintendo hardware. They’ve never been toe to toe with Sony for home consoles

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
Nintendo’s handhelds have always been their biggest sellers, the DS is at 154m, and aside from that its the gameboy at like 118m and then the wii at around 100m.

The SNES, N64, GameCube, etc. were consistent declines for Nintendo hardware. They’ve never been toe to toe with Sony for home consoles
I mean, the switch still can be considered a console (albeit not "premium") so if they pass them in sales it still has to count right?

NintenGoat possibly being the lineal champion holding the handheld belt while defeating Sony for the console belt as well :ohhh:I'm in

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I mean, the switch still can be considered a console (albeit not "premium") so if they pass them in sales it still has to count right?

NintenGoat possibly being the lineal champion holding the handheld belt while defeating Sony for the console belt as well :ohhh:I'm in

Yeah, i mean even as a handheld it would still count, they’re all dedicated gaming consoles

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
Yeah, i mean even as a handheld it would still count, they’re all dedicated gaming consoles
I'm a sports guy, it's more fun to think of the companies as individual boxers, with handheld/home console/PC only/exclusives etc. Being different weight classes n shyt with their own belts.

I have way too many ideas that I'm not turning into content man I be bullshyttin

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
ps2 sales will never be top the system received 12+ years of third party support

it was a cheap and accessible dvd player for lot of families in devloping countires

the wii popularity lead to games being developed for ps2 long after the ps3 launch

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

The wiii was the exception. And I suppose technically the Switch is now in comparison to PS4 since they're around the same generation release.