"Survivors Remorse" on Starz anybody watch it?

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
Just saw the first episode. Actually thought it was dope. Like a black entourage in a way. Show could go either way, but I thought it was a good intro into what could be..

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Honestly... I don't like how they're portraying black people in this. Mike Epps doing this thing but what people don't realize is that people of other races that don't converse with black people socially all the time form perceptions of us based on the news, and tv. If there were other shows out that balance the perception I would be aight with it but this shyt right here is on some c00n shyt.

And why dudes sista gotta be a leaching ass dike :rudy:
And why his moms gotta be so iggnant :snoop:

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
Honestly... I don't like how they're portraying black people in this. Mike Epps doing this thing but what people don't realize is that people of other races that don't converse with black people socially all the time form perceptions of us based on the news, and tv. If there were other shows out that balance the perception I would be aight with it but this shyt right here is on some c00n shyt.

the story is going to be about that family dealing with new found fame and fortune so of course they have to be flawed in the beginning

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community

well its loosely based on Lebron's life breh...

JAY?

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Queens
I thought the show was about a group of people who survived a zombie apocalypse and felt bad that their families didn't make it

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
My only point of concern is that for a show with an all Black casts, the portrayals are a little stereotypical, especially in it's portrayal of women. I mean his sister is a leech who guilts him into supporting her. He has a ratchet azz mama, and his wife is a controlling harpy. He has a ghetto slacker uncle. I mean Starz has this and power. It's entertaining to watch but I see few positive shows painting Blacks in a more positive and nuanced light. I mean Black-ish is the most positive show and even then I have issues with it.

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
My only point of concern is that for a show with an all Black casts, the portrayals are a little stereotypical, especially in it's portrayal of women. I mean his sister is a leech who guilts him into supporting her. He has a ratchet azz mama, and his wife is a controlling harpy. He has a ghetto slacker uncle. I mean Starz has this and power. It's entertaining to watch but I see few positive shows painting Blacks in a more positive and nuanced light. I mean Black-ish is the most positive show and even then I have issues with it.
What about his cousin that be gaming him up?

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
What about his cousin that be gaming him up?

Yea that too but I also think his cousin is sort of looking out for him in some way, but either way I feel the shows strokes are too broad initially, and it dissappoints me a little that Lebron would co-sign this kewnery even if it's based somewhat on himself.

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
Yea that too but I also think his cousin is sort of looking out for him in some way, but either way I feel the shows strokes are too broad initially, and it dissappoints me a little that Lebron would co-sign this kewnery even if it's based somewhat on himself.
That c00nery is reality. I wouldn't say it's really c00nery.

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
VA. Living in the City of Angels
Ain't no all the way good characters on TV brehs. This is the age of the anti hero. To me this show is like entourage in the premise. People who came up broke and wild get money and stardom and build a crew and careers around the most naturally gifted one.

I actually like the characters, in that they're doing "black" shyt but it's not cut and dry on some "somebody grab the hot sauce" shyt. The sister's foul mouth and sarcasm reminds me more of a bytchy pot head white girl than Shaniqua.

But the thing is, we all know, in real life, a black dude that says "fukkin A" or a black goth chick, but they mostly don't get that nuanced with us on TV shows. Yeah they're smoking blunts and the mom is loud, but they have their own personalities, whereas in any other show it's all black people using the same slang and swag. Like an assembly line.

I'm rambling, but I guess what I'm trying to say is I don't think portraying us right always means it has to be doctors. White folks ain't fukking with us any more with the Cosby's and A Different World on than they are with Meet The Browns and Real Housewives of Atlanta. We had Rodney King with those shows on and Trayvon and Mike Brown with these new shows on.

We should just support what we fukk with and ignore what we don't :manny: