Surviving This Life: Low Income Edition

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
For my cats who are striving check-to-check or unemployed with low to no income, how you do/did it?

I'm in this boat right now (recently got fired). Living at home and I'm paying my dues here with what little money I got from my severance and unemployment checks. It's not helping that my fam is bad in bad condition, too, but we're hanging on.

Got any tips on everything? Food income? Cut backs? etc

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Look at your monthly expenses and cut out anything that's not essential.
Borrow a bike for commuting instead of driving anywhere.
Get a part-time job to supplement your severance (unless it'd be less than your unemployment).
Sell plasma :unsure:.

Good luck breh.

Klyk21

Hate is Rising, Love is Dying....
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Ga
Aldi
Dollar Tree
Family Dollar
Cut cellphone plan
Take a defensive driving course to lower insurance
Try not to eat out as much
Set a weekly budget or "allowance" if you will and dont go beyond it

Get back out there and apply yourself and then apply to jobs!!!

JBoy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
living with family
damn being poor is fukking terrible brehs

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
VA. Living in the City of Angels
Shop for groceries and eat off that instead of eating out. Make sandwiches, a big pot of chili, a bag of wings etc at the beggining of the week to prevent yourself from running to fast food during those moments when it's lunch or dinner time and you don't feel like cooking.

CUT THE CABLE OFF. People who are falling on hard times usually still have cable, which is ass backwards, especially cuz it's so steep. If you gotta watch stuff, find streams, download, sign up for Hulu/NetFlix or use a friends password.

Cut out unnecessary car trips.

Check Goodwill for stuff first. If you need something like lamp, kitchen appliance or even clothes, you can get good shyt for 2 bucks.

Good luck man. I understand the struggle.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
Keep a positive mind state above all things and don't drown in self pity. Find a way to learn from what you're going through

I'm grateful to have gone through my broke phases in life. It helped me build character and see life beyond the dollar bill. You got some folks out there right now that if they had to humble themselves financially would go ahead and commit that. After you survive this, you ain't gonna fear ever having to go through it again

It also taught me who my real people are and that's very valuable. When you sitting in the house and the light bill is due and you aren't asking for help, but you know this nikka got it, that nikka got it, and they know your situation it makes you question their heart condition. I dumped a lot of excess cargo in terms of both friends and family when I came to wire. On the flip side it's some people now that I would stand in front of a moving train for if need be for how they broke their necks to help me out

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
it's all about budgeting, and saving. save what you can so you won't keep struggling after that come up. it's not about going out all the time. if your friends know you struggling they'll understand if they for real.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
do you have cable? still eating out? need more info on areas where you could budget better

observe

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The Forest Where Hope Died
Hit the corners homie start from a dimebag and work ur way up.

You must of not heard my boy money team..he said start from a dime bag and work ya way up..that's the only logic I can see....why would you want to be broke and act poor like the rest of the people were implying itt.

See if you can get some weight fronted to you..maybe a zip of some purp for the low..that's 56 dime bags..technically..but you can turn a zip into at least 70 dime bags if you know how to pinch it right..

Don't be a broke fakkit