Surface Book 2?

mattlanta

Pro
Supporter
Daps
I'm starting up grad school in late May, and I need a new laptop. I've got a 2010 15" MBP which has surprisingly held up well and has only recently started feeling outdated. The battery on it doesn't last more than 1 hour when it's not plugged in, and it tells me I'm only working with 500 MB of RAM half the time. Other than that though, it works as a laptop should. I currently own an iPad Pro and have already ordered an Apple Pencil, but I'm thinking of just returning that pencil and going with the Surface Book 2 instead.

Besides the quality control issues I've seen from customers online, I think it would do everything I need it to do for grad school. I'm more of a paper and pen type of student, but I think it would be cool to draw diagrams and such on the powerpoint slides if need be. I'd also appreciate that GTX 1050 (GTX 1060 on that 15" though :whew:) for some light gaming. Has anyone here tried the Surface Book or any of the Surface products recently?

Justise M

Superstar
Daps
Those things are grossly overpriced.

I would buy an older version of the surface pro, maybe the 4 if you have your heart set on a surface product. It will do everything you probably need it to do and the light gaming

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Surface book is a beast. But may be too much and too expensive for your needs.

Surface Pro is the best option for you. Get the latest one, as the battery is MUCH better than those on the 4(the one i own).
Can cosign having used both.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
They are nice.
Pricing comparable to Mac book pro but with better features.:mjgrin:
I often go back and forth with Mac fanboys. The biggest difference IMO is that macs hold their value better because they do at the very least run a proprietary os that is not designed to run on other machines.

For that sole reason I think macs are better purchases on the high end.

mattlanta

Pro
Supporter
Daps
I need more opinions boys. I have the $ saved up for shyt like this. I'd buy it with the MS Complete warranty.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
I need more opinions boys. I have the $ saved up for shyt like this. I'd buy it with the MS Complete warranty.
Just go to a Microsoft store or best buy and play with it.

If you use more than two additional monitors or require a lot of USB ports undocked the I'd steer you elsewhere.