Super Metroid appreciation

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Replayed this piff the other night on some downtime :steviej:
smbox_english.jpg

These game designers were pure genius. The huge world, the well-hidden secrets, the secret moves you could learn, everything was on point :salute:

Super%20Metroid%20%28JU%29%20%28M2%29.png

And knocking that giant red thing into the lava in Norfair :birdman:

boss_crocomire.gif

On this playthrough I was :flabbynsick: (haven't played in awhile, so I wasn't sure if I'd get the best ending (beat the game in less than 3 hours). After playing through Norfair and Tourian as quickly as possible as I realized time was running out, I manged to beat the game in 2:56
:banderas: :banderas: :banderas:

SuperMetroid-BestEnding5.jpg

But we're still going to act like that boss fight with Ridley near the end didn't have us shook :stopitslime:

boss_ridley2.gif

The baby metroid at the end sacrificing itself :to: :to: :to:

Smetroid2.jpg

Games like this are the reason I still consider the SNES to be the GOAT Nintendo console by leaps and bounds. Play this piff :krs:

Spatial Paradox

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I used to watch my friend play this all the time when I was younger. I don't know why I never picked up the sticks myself.

Oh well. This is another excuse to fire up the emulator

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
VERY few games give me the feeling I got from fighting the last boss in super metroid. Even though the graphics weren't incredible the first time I saw the metroid come in to save me and power me up and that gun started knocking that last bosses head back I got chills. That moment I felt like I was really saving the galaxy. I wish games still had soul like super metroid did.

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
I used to watch my uncle play through this shyt to the point where I decided to give it a go. Used to run home every day afterschool, load up my save file and If I'm not mistaken we it had the percentage on it 'cause I'm sure this was the game we used to rush and see who could beat it first and find the most shyt.

I remember when I got the Bomb shyt and noticed that if you time the bombs right, you could get really high, higher than a double jump would have and I used the shyt to try and get into areas that I needed abilities that I wouldn't get until further on in the game. :lolbron: shyt never worked, but I ain't had so much fun with a game since Super Mario RPG around them times. Good shyt.

Also, I hope none of y'all ain't sleeping on Axiom Verge if y'all love Metroid so much.:ufdup: