Study on what political party benefits blacks more for past 75 years.

darkmanp

Pro
Daps
Reppin
VA
I know #bothsiders are not going to like this, but the numbers don't lie.

"This Yankelovich Center study examines Black, Latino, and White economic well-being over the last 75 years to see whether economic gains are greater under Democratic or Republican presidents. It finds that Black and Latino well-being improves more under Democratic presidents than under Republican presidents. Black and Latino incomes grow faster, their poverty rates decline more, and the ranks of their unemployed drop more under Democrats than under Republicans. This basic pattern continues under presidents Trump and Biden. Gains under Democrats are large enough that extended Democratic control over the entire time period could well have eliminated racial gaps in income, poverty, and unemployment."

Some key stats:

"Child poverty dropped by almost 1.7 points a year across all Democratic presidents. It remained largely flat or even grew marginally across all of the years with Republican presidents. Likewise, Black unemployment dropped an average of 0.4 percentage points each year over all of the years with Democratic presidents. It grew by over 0.1 percentage point a year under Republicans. Black incomes have grown on average under Republicans but not nearly as much as they have under Democrats (a $335 gain under Republicans vs a $1005 gain under Democrats)."

"Partisan differences on unemployment are also pronounced. Across 29 years of Republican presidencies in the data, Black unemployment went up a net of 3.6 percentage points. Across the 22 years in the time series with Democrats in charge, the Black unemployment rate fell 8.5 points. Once again that suggests that all declines in Black unemployment over the last half century can be linked to Democratic party control of the presidency."

"The sharpest contrast is on family income. Under Democratic presidents the BlackWhite gap in income declined. On average, each year under Democrats Black median income moved $38 dollars closer to White median income. Under Republican presidents it tended to grow – often rapidly. All told Blacks have fallen $545 per year further behind Whites when Republicans have held the White House."

Link to the research is here: Surveys and Reports

Direct link to the 35 page report here: https://yankelovichcenter.ucsd.edu/...nt-and-Black-and-Latino-Well-being-942024.pdf

So while many of will say the gains while a Democrat Presidents were in office is insignificant, it's still a GAIN and not LOSS. Gaining is better than losing. I understand that the #bothside strategy is that we must LOSE BIG (not vote and let Republicans control government at all levels) so we can WIN BIG (get reparations).

But I don't think the other side will just roll over and allow reparations once they have full control again. They will just fortify their power, and blacks will fall further behind. The bothsider dream that the dem party as a whole will grovel after losing, then come back with reperations as the top priority, and then somehow win in a landslide is not realistic.

So go ahead and call me a shill (a word I've only heard cacs use in real life, thus raising my suspicions on those who use it here). But the numbers are what they are.

No_bammer_weed

✌️ Coli. Wish y’all the best of luck. One
Daps
Yeah. I’ve read similar studies over the years. Black folks are exponentially better off under democratic presidential regimes. But the tangibles crew are the chickens voting for Colonel Sanders.

And that goes for the country in general. The last three Republicans presidents have left the office in dire straits after inheriting very stable economies and ways of life.

Conservatives love the spite aspect of voting Republican. The idea their vote will likely hurt some other group.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
That's what Liberalism IS

Trying to help people who are downtrodden for whatever reason.

On one hand, DUH

But thanks for posting some receipts so at least we can pile that on when engaging #bothsides

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
We would have made more progress if Democrats weren't cleaning up the dried shyt Republicans left on the proverbial carpet then getting blamed for it.

Mike Nasty

Superstar
Daps
No one benefits from republicans being in office except corporations.