Struggling to make this scale move for surgery,,,,,,,,

Rockstar Mom

PhatGurlSwag
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn!!!!!
Full Disclosure: I need my weight down because docs want me a certain weight for my breast lift surgery.

Ok so, my issue doesn't seem to be the actual weight. Its the muscle I've gained. I've gone down 2 pants sizes, gained A LOT of muscle in my legs, back roll basically non-existent at this point. But It's still not good enough. According to the BMI chart, I'm still too overweight. But you can clearly see, I've gained muscle and I'm toned. Muscle weighs more than fat, blah blah blah and all that. I thought a doctor would be able to differentiate between the two:francis:

So now I'm a crossroads. Do I just forgo my strength training and just do cardio to get the weight down, get the surgery, then start up again? Do I need to lift smaller weights? Should I only do weights once a week, instead of 4? I'm doing the "higher weight/less reps" form of strength training, and I feel GREAT. I'm getting definition, I'm getting tight, I'm getting SMALL, but it's still not enough apparently. I'd really hate to lose all the muscle I've gained. This is the best I've ever felt in my life. Help me:mjcry:

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Full Disclosure: I need my weight down because docs want me a certain weight for my breast lift surgery.

Ok so, my issue doesn't seem to be the actual weight. Its the muscle I've gained. I've gone down 2 pants sizes, gained A LOT of muscle in my legs, back roll basically non-existent at this point. But It's still not good enough. According to the BMI chart, I'm still too overweight. But you can clearly see, I've gained muscle and I'm toned. Muscle weighs more than fat, blah blah blah and all that. I thought a doctor would be able to differentiate between the two:francis:

So now I'm a crossroads. Do I just forgo my strength training and just do cardio to get the weight down, get the surgery, then start up again? Do I need to lift smaller weights? Should I only do weights once a week, instead of 4? I'm doing the "higher weight/less reps" form of strength training, and I feel GREAT. I'm getting definition, I'm getting tight, I'm getting SMALL, but it's still not enough apparently. I'd really hate to lose all the muscle I've gained. This is the best I've ever felt in my life. Help me:mjcry:

How bad you want the breasts surgery?
Keep them thangs thangin :shaq::shaq:

Seriously I say increase the cardio and cut back on the weights. Seems like you gonna have to drop some muscle.
The thing about the body is if you've done it once you can do it again. You know the recipe now.
How much you need to drop?

Rockstar Mom

PhatGurlSwag
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn!!!!!
How bad you want the breasts surgery?
Keep them thangs thangin :shaq::shaq:

Seriously I say increase the cardio and cut back on the weights. Seems like you gonna have to drop some muscle.
The thing about the body is if you've done it once you can do it again. You know the recipe now.
How much you need to drop?
I want them bad:dame:I sacrificed my perky titties for breastfeeding both my kids, and now I want them back:mjcry:

I need to lose 13 more pounds. I had to lose 30 all together. I was doing great and now its like I stalled. But I know I'm still "losing", by the way my clothes fit and the way muscle definition is showing. But ya girl is TONED for the first time ever. And stopping now, plus the surgery, plus recovery, I just want to make sure I'll e able to get it back after all that time off:mjcry:

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
I want them bad:dame:I sacrificed my perky titties for breastfeeding both my kids, and now I want them back:mjcry:

I need to lose 13 more pounds. I had to lose 30 all together. I was doing great and now its like I stalled. But I know I'm still "losing", by the way my clothes fit and the way muscle definition is showing. But ya girl is TONED for the first time ever. And stopping now, plus the surgery, plus recovery, I just want to make sure I'll e able to get it back after all that time off:mjcry:

Yeah look like you gon have to get on that sorority girl plan and hit the treadmill super heavy.

You'll be able to get it back tho. Body memory is a real thing:ehh:

King

The black man is always targeted.
Bushed
Daps
Weight is all about what you eat.

Calculate your TDEE and cut calories by 500 at least if you want a large weight loss in a short amount of time.

Make sure you are drinking a gallon of water a day to prevent water retention.

Rockstar Mom

PhatGurlSwag
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn!!!!!
Weight is all about what you eat.

Calculate your TDEE and cut calories by 500 at least if you want a large weight loss in a short amount of time.

Make sure you are drinking a gallon of water a day to prevent water retention.

I cut back as realistically as I could, but I need the calories since I have been lifting heavy. I think I'll scale back on the weights and up the cardio.

King

The black man is always targeted.
Bushed
Daps
I cut back as realistically as I could, but I need the calories since I have been lifting heavy. I think I'll scale back on the weights and up the cardio.
You actually don't need as many calories as you think, i would try tweaking meal times, and look into carb backloading. The closer you get to your TDEE, the slower you lose weight. There is no cutting corners.

You don't really need to be lifting heavy either. If you wanna kill two birds with one stone, just go high volume, low weight 10-20+ reps a set.

You're taxing your CNS (central nervous system) for no reason, that's why you feel like you need more calories. Strength isn't your goal atm. Losing weight is.

In short,

-Look into tweaking meal times, load up on most of your carbs, later in the day, after you work out. Will have you feeling more energized.

-Keep your caloric deficit

-Ditch the heavy weights, go high volume, low weight. It's best for your goals rn. Lifting heavy is putting unnecessary stress on your CNS.

Last edited: