Streaming services have essentially killed the movie theater experience.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Movies that would normally get a theatrical release are straight to streaming because most people don’t go to the movies unless it’s a blockbuster. Studios aren’t going to risk even a modest budget because there is no backend DVD revenue.

COVID basically accelerated the decline. I remember when Gone Girl came out and the buzz/word of mouth it generated. People went to go see it and it was a success. That shyt wouldn’t happen today.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
fukk movie theaters, nothing compares to watching a movie in the comfort of my home, haven't been to one in years and don't miss it one bit.
The only movie I’m waiting to see in theaters is black Panther. I’m a go see Avatar as well.

Other than that, I don’t feel the need to go.

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
So many ppl got some form of home theater systems and 70+ inch screens in 4k in their own homes. Ppl are just deciding to wait a few months and make their own damn popcorn. Of course there will be exceptions like Top Gun 2 or some Marvel shyt but overall I think it's a wrap for as they knew it. The studio may actually go back to owning the actual movie theaters

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Just wait until those streaming services start charging money for certain separate releases a la movie theaters :sas2:
They already started.

But it still won’t be the same since one person can buy it and an unlimited amount of people can watch.

Movie theaters gotta offer more.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
ok I lied :pachaha:
I think Imax will be safe and those 4d things are safe too
I'm actually going to see BP2 in theaters first movie I'm going to theaters for since bad boys 3 Imax only though I refuse to go to my local theater.
so some movies are worth it some are not
out of all the movies I've seen this year only Nope was the one I regretted not seeing on a bigger screen
45 days rule is still the GOAT though
bob Iger understands where we're going as a society

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I still go to the theaters routinely because I don’t have a home theater system and even if I did, stepping inside of a Dolby or actual IMAX theater is something I just can’t replicate at home.

Those first screenings for NWH and The Batman were pretty packed and restored the pre-pandemic feeling for me. Box office pull is a whole other thing, but the theater-going experience is still very alive on my end.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
nah

plenty of smaller films still getting theatrical or dual releases.

do some deserve a theatrical release...subjective/debatable