Strays ( Dog comedy starring Will Ferrell, Jamie Foxx. NOT Family Friendly)

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Here's my review. MINOR SPOILERS. If you don't want to know anything about the movie don't read any further. Any major spoilers I will put in the spoiler tag. I won't put the ending or major suprises.

Not familly friendly as the title says. Alot, and I mean alot crude humor. Anything sexual you can imagine a dog doing (some of which I'll put in the major spoilers) these dog do. This movie is hard R. They really push the limits like a Seth Rogan movie.

Writing- Writing in this is excellent. From the action adventure. To the dialogue. To the deeper conversations. The writing is really good. I'm not talking about the humor per say. But just the way the movie flowed.

Comedy- Again, the crude humor is extreme. But that may be your thing. To me, I consider that stuff white humor. The crowd reacted with a lot groans, disgust (alot poop jokes). But even though that part aint for me. The way they act like humans is hillarious. Cussing each other out. Looking at things from a limited dog perspective. But at the same time see things like humans. Cussing human out. It's basically if dogs could and cuss. That's what your gonna get from this movie.

Jamie Foxx- This ngga did his thing. Even though he's a supporting actor. He still gets alot time. It's almost his movie. Nothing forced. Just Jamie talking like he does in interviews. Doesn't feel like a script. Just really talking like a "black dog" but no n words.

Will Ferrell- Will did a really good job as a naive dog. I mean, it's Will Ferrell. Nuff said.

I get dog hump every thing. Sniff everything. But it was just too much with the dog penis jokes. The gay jokes weren't overboard but none the less. they were there.

Now, I will say some dog lovers might get disturbed by the way some dogs were treated. Won't get into why but I'd say if your real sensitive you might wanna skip this movie. It could trigger you.

Overall, some of this humor ain't for me. But this is dope movie. Put together well, funny and well voice acted. The ending was satisfying and I'll leave it at that. And stay for the mid-credit scene. It's funny too. So yeah, if this sounds like something you'd see. Go see it. It was a good time and the crowd was into it. Not sure how the critics gonna react. I especially wanna see how Double Toasted rates this. Btw, the trailer pretty much tells what the movie is about and the type of humor.

Last edited: