Stop Romancing Idols

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
SOHH I was flicking through channels while getting myself together and stumbled upon, one of my favorite movies of all time:

220px-Ahueypnewtonstory.jpg

I remember back when I was on that entire fist in the air persona and appreciating this movie, the movement, and etc. However, as I gotten older, I realize that the message was there, but the characters we often romanized like they are the messiah themselves. Especially nowadays as this world have truly gone to hell in a empty debit card. We as people must remember that these beings are not saints, and once they get exposed it's a wake up call that we have to stop following the leader and lead the leaders.

As we are our own personal leader within selves. Societies biggest problem is the conception of individual thought and trying to deal with the matrix of the world, while trying to find a perfect medium between what's real and what's not. Shoot, I'm guilty of such things but find myself trying to yank my own collar to snap out of the ordeal of bad thoughts.

It pains me when I see folks stressed and frustrated that their favorite rapper is a "Trump supporter" or their favorite actor indulges in self hatred. Almost as if we love the person, instead of seperating the character. No different from me trying to tell my Joey to stop romancing these people that you will never meet. The moment he found out that one of his "idols" Stan Lee was on some devious shyt from taking credit for various folks work and being a JBO breh on his deathbed, the poor sap snapped and wondered why there's so many people that are evil in this world.

My wife and I had to consult him to let him know that these people are just mere humans. We all make mistakes, backslide, and so forth. But we managed to overcome and try to live better and push for a balance between right and wrong.

In my younger years I looked at folks like Huey and em as true mecca of black excellence, but fail to see their own personal vices:

• Huey P- Drug addict and alleged murderer
  • King- Adulturer
  • Cleaver- Crazed TLR and JBO breh
  • Lupe-conflicted intelligent idiot
  • Nas- amazing poet but lost at life
  • Ras Kass- drunken radical that half stepped just to get into the game
  • Community action agencies- Money laundering schemes that mean well
  • Politicans- Professional liars
  • Coli Brehs- Certified Cappers that are the closest family outside of my own
Hell, when my family and I met this pastor in Koalabama, we realized that he wasn't the man of God that we thought he was. Matter of fact, he was trying to be a mega pastor forgetting about his city and keep grifting and begging for money. Its like at this point, you got to treat people like flawed humans because that's what they are. Stop holding man on pedistal and realize that you don't need a individual to tell you about a red pill. You don't need a tiktawker to tell you that you are beautiful. You don't need a television show to direct your stance and style.

DO YOU!

TLDRKoalababbleIlikethemarsupialforthemelodiesbabble- Stop worshipping idols because you will be strongly and extremely sadden about what you will find out....

2341ea1d3eab3de5d817817c804f648a.png

This is a message from ya sleepy easygoing marsupial :salute: