Stop listening to rumors and "insiders"

Daps
Especially Nintendo "insiders." They never know what's actually going on.

Insiders been saying for years that a new Switch with new hardware is on the way. Now that new Switch finally got announced and it's just a Switch with some QOL upgrades. And now they're moving the goalposts and changing up their stories to "I actually heard it was coming in 2022" or "Plans change" or whatever. Eventually, a new Nintendo system will actually come out, and then these same dudes will be like "See, I was right!"

I learned to stop listening to insiders when a certain "journalist" that I don't want to name because I don't want to bring attention to them, kept making statements about upcoming Nintendo games that didn't turn out to be true. One was that a port of Smash Bros Wii U was coming to Switch with all the DLC included. When I read this I sold my copy thinking I could get value out of it before the upcoming one was announced and the resale value went down. Nintendo released Smash Bros. Ultimate, a new game, so I ended up selling my old game which I would have liked to have kept for no reason. This journalist is still in the industry and as far as I know nobody really called them out on their numerous wrong rumors. Don't be like me and sell games or systems based on speculation.

Apparently, Playstation insiders were wrong about the upcoming State of Play, so don't listen to them either.

Your gaming life will be so much better if you spend more time playing and enjoying games, and less time discussing whatever rumor some dumbass with a Twitter account puts out. I know this is The Coli though and ya'll gonna keep posting this shyt. nikkas enjoy discussing rumors and acting "outraged" when they don't happen.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
no :umad:

in all seriousness companies can change their plans at the drop of a hat so if there were multiple people with the same rumor it could've been true at one point but the company changed direction

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Your gaming life will be so much better if you spend more time playing and enjoying games, and less time discussing whatever rumor some dumbass with a Twitter account puts out. I know this is The Coli though and ya'll gonna keep posting this shyt. nikkas enjoy discussing rumors and acting "outraged" when they don't happen.

Well of course, that's a major facet of console warring:hhh:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Sometimes it’s true sometimes it’s not. I don’t see the problem just use your own discretion and manage expectations. Anywhere people discuss video games they’re gonna discuss rumors and headlines. Like you said, after a while you start to know who to trust and who not to.

final fantasy origins and ghost of Tsushima expansion leaked and it ended up being true. Also almost all the Xbox conference games leaked and ended up being true

no different than discussing trade rumors in sports