Stop chasing single stocks, ETFs and Mutual Funds is where its at

Arizax2

All Star
Daps
If you want to keep it really simple, just buy a low fee S&P 500 ETF from Vanguard or whoever and buy shares every month or each time you get paid. Even better if you can automate it. The younger you are, the better you can take advantage of compounding interest over time.
:salute:speak on it brother

zerorequiem

All Star
Daps
I love these type of threads were brothers drop knowledge, especially about the investing game.

Arizax2

All Star
Daps
I love these type of threads were brothers drop knowledge, especially about the investing game.
Need more folks to drop some jewels. Folks just afraid what they don't know and when they finally get it they realize they lost out on the power of compound interest. More folks needs to spread the word in our community to play the game everyone that lives in those white picket fence homes play. It's the long game where it allows you to retire not worrying about money and if done right can retire early.

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
Respectfully this is Gen X advice. We're in 2024, the era of wealth consolidation at the top.

While I think a large chunk of money should be indexes for example 95% of my 401k is in indexes (I give myself a 5% moonshot buffer) and 100% of my HSA is in the VOO you should still have a MMA account with a mix of blue chip tech companies in there.

For example take a look at what companies like AAPL, MSFT, GOOGL and AMZN have done vs the Market Index in the last 10 years and just ask what is going on in the world to stop this from happening over the next 10 years when wealth seems to be aggregating more and more at the top and AI is a given to take over.

These are layups for any regular millennial message board poster and you're low key pouring jelly on yourself by not having pure exposure to any tech blue chips.

QBN

All Star
Daps
Respectfully this is Gen X advice. We're in 2024, the era of wealth consolidation at the top.

While I think a large chunk of money should be indexes for example 95% of my 401k is in indexes (I give myself a 5% moonshot buffer) and 100% of my HSA is in the VOO you should still have a MMA account with a mix of blue chip tech companies in there.

For example take a look at what companies like AAPL, MSFT, GOOGL and AMZN have done vs the Market Index in the last 10 years and just ask what is going on in the world to stop this from happening over the next 10 years when wealth seems to be aggregating more and more at the top and AI is a given to take over.

These are layups for any regular millennial message board poster and you're low key pouring jelly on yourself by not having pure exposure to any tech blue chips.
I agree, but I think index as a base is great starting pointing for folks who are unfamiliar with stocks/investing. I started with just index and then began building positions in all those tech blue chips you mentioned, plus NVIDIA.

It's a journey and I think once people get in the habit of indexing they will get curious about which top tier stocks can provide even better returns than the S&P for the next 10 years.

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
I agree, but I think index as a base is great starting pointing for folks who are unfamiliar with stocks/investing. I started with just index and then began building positions in all those tech blue chips you mentioned, plus NVIDIA.

It's a journey and I think once people get in the habit of indexing they will get curious about which top tier stocks can provide even better returns than the S&P for the next 10 years.
True I just hate to see brehs missing out. We're in a bear market right now and it's really only the companies I mentioned in my post plus a few more (like NVIDIA) that's holding everything together.

You're missing out on probably 5-6% worth of compounding returns by not looking at these indexes and noticing this and cutting the fat and building your own indexes with the individual winners. And mind you, these individual stocks are shining with high interest rates in a bear market. When things go bull and interest rates go down those stocks will go parabolic too.

Last edited: