Stop chasing single stocks, ETFs and Mutual Funds is where its at

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm up on QQQ and SPY. Wish I chose QQQM. Also the Fidelity Tech Index Fund is GOAT. I still pick individual stocks as part of my strategy. but you have a point.

Arizax2

All Star
Daps
I'm up on QQQ and SPY. Wish I chose QQQM. Also the Fidelity Tech Index Fund is GOAT. I still pick individual stocks as part of my strategy. but you have a point.
Tech etfs and mutual funds are blowing up thanks to AI. Nvidia just did a stock split and all those funds have that in their portfolio. AI is obviously going to be big going forward so I'm all in on it. I rather go with these funds vs single stocks just cause we don't know which specific company is going to be the next breakout so I rather have a piece of them all and see who blows up. If there was ever a time to get in I'm with tech funds it's right now. If we hit a recession I'm doubling down since I'm young enough to ride the wave.

Arizax2

All Star
Daps
Y'all invest in this.

Long and short term returns looks great and only at $35? It has 97 holdings but the top is Apple, Microsoft and Nvidia based on % then it's a large drop off. This is super top heavy. The expense ratio and turnover rate is higher than I like tho.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Long and short term returns looks great and only at $35? It has 97 holdings but the top is Apple, Microsoft and Nvidia based on % then it's a large drop off. This is super top heavy. The expense ratio and turnover rate is higher than I like tho.
It's in my 401k I really like it. Yes higher expense ratio but it's been out performing qqq/qqqm for some time. Definitely liked it during the pandemic.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Good info in here. How do day trading brehs pay themselves if all the dough is in the stocks? How do cash out the dividends? They get a 1099 at the end of the year and they responsible for their own taxes?

:ohhh:

Arizax2

All Star
Daps
It's in my 401k I really like it. Yes higher expense ratio but it's been out performing qqq/qqqm for some time. Definitely liked it during the pandemic.
QQQM is down 1% today was about to put 2k more into it. I might just do your fund for the hell of it...

Arizax2

All Star
Daps
I just looked it up again. Schg and FSPTX is almost neck to neck YTD and 1 year. The 5 year mark and 10 year mark is when FSPTX we start to see a real difference. I'll stick with SCHG. 0.04 expense ratio vs 0.64 is a big enough reason especially if returns isn't much of a difference the last few years. It's still a damn good choice either way.

Arizax2

All Star
Daps
You assumed right sir :lupe:
If you want to stick with Robinhood they do have a Roth IRA and can do ETFs but I don't think they do Mutual Funds. You can start off with that if you wish. Check out reddit or other places of the folks that uses it to see if it works for you.