Stop chasing single stocks, ETFs and Mutual Funds is where its at

Arizax2

All Star
Daps
how would gall recommend getting started?
Im all in on Schwab for everything. Checking account, Roth, Brokage, PCRA traditional and pre-tax. However for you I would go with Fadility as they allow you to automate ETF and Mutual Funds. I belive they also give you 5% for uninvested cash that's in the account if you are prone to having money just sit there for awhile before deciding on an investment. Fadility folks can fact check me on that. Also start off opening a Roth IRA and maxing it out the full amount which is 7k a year. Don't go over a penny as you will get taxed. It goes up every year so do a google search prior. Pick an investment. Depending how old you are the younger the risker. Your best bet is going down the rabbit hole on Reddit Fadility or Schwab if you choose to open there. Do your own research on which fund your comfortable with. Mix it up and look to not have to much overlap. Or you can just do target fund only or just straight S&P 500 and call it a day.

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is the way, buy funds or etfs, set it and forget it. Dont look at it and refrain yourself from day trading. Save that for a separate account. I've had my 401k for 15 years now and I had to weather through 2008-2009 and Covid recessions. Just way better to leave it.

I have a separate day trading account for options and other stuff.

Towlie

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
how would gall recommend getting started?

Start an investment account with a brokerage firm (fidelity, Schwab , vanguard etc)

Fund the account

Look up blue chip stocks and pick 1 or more companies that you use and like

Buy at least one share of those stock and continue to build. You don't have to start with 10k. Amzn is $187 a share, so buying a single share is great. As you go learn more about what you're doing

Mutual funds work the same way, collection of stocks so less risk. Just look up what mutual funds have been performing well over the last 5-10 years and invest in those

History is a great indicator

Arizax2

All Star
Daps
This is the way, buy funds or etfs, set it and forget it. Dont look at it and refrain yourself from day trading. Save that for a separate account. I've had my 401k for 15 years now and I had to weather through 2008-2009 and Covid recessions. Just way better to leave it.

I have a separate day trading account for options and other stuff.
People were eatting pretty good after the housing crisis which stocks are extremely low.

The BasedFather

Task Force
Daps
Reppin
Bltch Mob
Someone put this in lamen terms for ya boy :jbhmm:

I have a few stocks here and there. And I have a savings account earning interest.

So I need Fidelity to invest with and to open a Roth IRA? You guys making money like that?

Should I keep buying stocks and sitting on them?