Stop chasing single stocks, ETFs and Mutual Funds is where its at

Arizax2

All Star
Daps
I'm up almost 14% :whew:. If I hopped on QQQM or SCHG earlier in the year I would be in the 20s%. Sold off all my bonds and international stocks. I still hold some single stocks but not moving as much. I'm literally doubling my retirment account returns investing myself vs having my company sponsored plan manager do the work. They thought putting damn near 30% of my money in bonds at my age is a good idea but its malpractice. :unimpressed:

Arizax2

All Star
Daps
For the most part avoid managed ETF's and opt for Index tracking funds
Expense ratios are big. I saw the fees my employer sponsored plan had for me manging my account :unimpressed: .

I stopped my traditional 401k and went with a PCRA Roth 401k. Then started pumping into my personal Roth outside of my job.

My house should be paid off before I retire also with the extra money I though on the principal. It should be even sooner if I get the refinance down the line when the rates drop hopefully.

Brolic

High Value Poster
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
That’s what I’m doing now.
I have a little over 20k in a treasury bond that I keep for an emergency fund.
I’m just throwing the money that I’d normally save into SCHG for the next 5 years.
My 401k is in the Fidelity index that tracks the S&P 500 though.

Arizax2

All Star
Daps
Rep.

Realest shyt right here.

Start as young as you can.
I try telling the young folks but they don't listen. Rather buy designer and a new wipe every 3 years than care about homeownership or retirement. Compund intrest is a real thing and after a few years you can see how quickly it ramps up. Time is the biggest advantage the youth has :francis:

Arizax2

All Star
Daps
I’m just throwing the money that I’d normally save into SCHG for the next 5 years.
SCHG is the truth. Swppx is good also.

I jumped on SCHD to late as it was growing like crazy for a divided fund but after they recalibrated a few months ago it's moving extremely slow. I can't be mad cause it is a divided fund and that's its actual focus so any type of growth is just the icing on the top. I have about 20k sitting there.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
T Bills are way up right now since I'm already retired I have some money in Bond EFT's too.

Arizax2

All Star
Daps
90% index.
10% gambling on moonshots for me.

100% index would probably be better, but this satisfies part of my temperament.
I gotcha. My temptation has been Crypto which I refuse to sell. Been holding for years but I'm not putting any more $ into it as I'm satisfied with what's there now and just waiting for them to blow up. Im happy with my BTC but im waiting on SHIBA to hopefully break out one of these years :francis: