Still think ps4 will surpass ps2 in sales?

CookisaCac

I aint lyrical
Daps
Im still thinking it wont.

As of recent its at 76 mil

It will pass ps3 this year tho most likely

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
PS2 sales are from what? 10 years total?
This.

When you factor in how accessible PC gaming is, how often Xbox offers deals, and the availability of mobile gaming...

The sales of the PS4, are proving more impressive than the PS2 sales, regardless of actual numbers.

I can't hate on that.:wow:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

CookisaCac

I aint lyrical
Daps
This.

When you factor in how accessible PC gaming is, how often Xbox offers deals, and the availability of mobile gaming...

The sales of the PS4, are proving more impressive than the PS2 sales, regardless of actual numbers.

I can't hate on that.:wow:
The following generation after ps2 barely did a little over half. So those factors mean nothing

CookisaCac

I aint lyrical
Daps
Okay, I thought that was what you meant.

I think that helps my point, actually.

85 mill in a decade. The PS3 sales show the downturn -

Yet, even with that downturn, the PS4 has sold 76mill+ in 4 years.
The ps2 had close to the same around 4 years. But it also wasnt in such a competitive market.

ps4 isnt only against other gaming consoles and pc. Its also against tvs,phones,tablets etc since its a media device.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
No. PS2 was a great due to the popularity of owning a DVD player. BluRay...not so much. People still watch DVDs to this day. DVD still remains just as popular and Blu Ray will never catch the highs DVD enjoyed due to digital streaming taking over the game. Microsoft knew this and it's due to digital streaming being so important that they emphasized and embarrassingly failed at marketing Xbox one as a Kinect operated streaming player.

The only way a gaming system can beat PS2's DVD revolution is by being even more revolutionary, which is what Nintendo almost achieved with the Switch (revolutionary because you can take a multiplayer and console gaming experience anywhere) until they colossally fukked up the online services part by failing to deliver most streaming services at the outset including basic shyt like out of the box voice chat, virtual console and cloud saves. You can't even message people lol.