Steven Spielberg to Direct ‘Ready Player One’

Remy Danton

All Star
Daps
ready-player-one-700-700x326.png

The film version of Ernie Cline’s novel Ready Player One just got a huge shot of adrenaline, as it is now set to go at Warner Bros. thanks to a collaboration with Village Roadshow. It has also attracted a director. That director is Steven Spielberg. And while people have wondered how this novel could possibly be faithfully adapted, given that it features references to a whole host of real-world properties, having Spielberg’s name on the film could be the answer.

Deadline has the news, we’ll have more shortly. This will be the first Warner Bros. project for Spielberg since the studio released A.I. in 2001.

http://www.slashfilm.com/ready-player-one-director/

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Spielberg will be at SD comicon. Hopefully we get a teaser trailer

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
can we get a quick spoiler free plot outline?
From the article above
The novel features a teen gamer who lives his life exploring secrets and details of a “virtual utopia” called OASIS, which features details of games and movies from decades past. He and others are all searching for an in-game easter egg which will give them control of the entire world.

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
From the article above
This actually sounds quite intriguing. Considering I can't recall a Spielberg movie that left me disappointed (base entertainment value of Transformers and Kingdom of the Crystal Skull aside), I'm definitely looking forward to this. Tron: Legacy meets Gamer, perhaps? :blackplatomayne:

Speaking of Tron, I wonder if they'll ever create a sequel. Can't believe it was almost seven years ago they dropped that film.