Steven Spielberg is the Greatest Director of All Time.....

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Lincoln Total Box Office
Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic: $132,039,000
Domestic Summary

The fact the man can take a drama like "Lincoln" to Blockbuster Status and it hasn't even opened overseas yet. You have to give it up to the GOAT. Sure there are better technical film makers out there like Hitchcock and Kubrick. There are some better overall writer/directors. But Steven is the complete package. His versatility is unreal, his movies seem to appeal to damn near everyone. He's success in in pretty much every genre it's unbelievable. And all his films are just summer Blockbusters. He's taken Historical Epics like "Schindler's List and Color Purple" to good numbers as well as War films like "Private Ryan'. He's touched on so many topics through his films. How many Classics does this man have? So many. Not to mention his producer catalog is Epic and features The Back To The Future Trilogy. Dude is untouchable at this point. He's the GOAT and everyone knows it:

Steven_Spielberg.jpg

Steven Spielberg filmography - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Nah.

I love Speilberg. And his best films make up a pretty decent chunk of my Top 20 films of all-time (Raiders, ET, Jaws all might be in there)

But nah.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Why'd he fukk up the end of A.i.????????

Actually "A.I." was Stantly Krubrick movie but he died while they were making it so Steven ended up finishing it as the Director. Stanley died before he could get Steven the proper ending so Steven had to come up with something. He tried to keep Kurbrick's style. The movie actually wasn't that bad and as aged well cause of the performances. As for Steven fills following a formula. He made that particular formula mainstream but you can't put Steven in a box. Look at "Jaws" then "Close Encounters" way different films both Classics. Then he dropped "Raiders" and "E.T." back to back. "Jurassic Park" was huge. Dramas, Action, SciFi, Historical. He it's every genre. To most people "Lincoln" though a Legend it's still boring and something you would see in History Classic.

Steven found a way to make interesting to the masses. Look at "Ryan" sure we've had War films but Steven's film really grabbed you right at the beginning as they were coming on the beach, you understood war. I've only see "Ryan" and "List" once cause they are so real and brutal that I felt I was watching The World War and the Holocaust. And again check his Producer Resume, he just has to many Classics as a Director and Producer. Now I admit his best years was 70's,80's and 90's. The 2000's he's been hit or miss but he still had "A.I., Catch me if you man, Minority, War of the Worlds and now Lincoln". "Terminal and Munich" were ok but uneven. "War Horse" was a decent drama but way to much like Oscar Bait. "Tin Tin" was OK but overall 2000's has been his weakest era but he is getting older now.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Actually "A.I." was Stantly Krubrick movie but he died while they were making it so Steven ended up finishing it as the Director. He tried to keep Kurbrick's style. The movie actually wasn't that bad and as aged well cause of the performances. As for Steven fills following a formula. He made that particular formula mainstream but you can't put Steven in a box. Look at "Jaws" then "Close Encounters" way different films both Classics. Then he dropped "Raiders" and "E.T." back to back. "Jurassic Park" was huge. Dramas, Action, SciFi, Historical. He it's every genre. To most people "Lincoln" though a Legend it's still boring and something you would see in History Classic.

Steven found a way to make interesting to the masses. Look at "Ryan" sure we've had War films but Steven's film really grabbed you right at the beginning as they were coming on the beach, you understood war. I've only see "Ryan" and "List" once cause they are so real and brutal that I felt I was watching The World War and the Holocaust. And again check his Producer Resume, he just has to many Classics as a Director and Producer.
I've seen Saving Private Ryan so many times, I remember first getting a big screen TV and DVD players coming out and watching that with our surround sound system :lawd:

Schindlers List is straight :huhldup: status though, way too sad and brutal.

We're not even mentioning classics like Minority Report and Catch Me if You Can. I also really enjoyed War of the Worlds even tho every1 hates on that film.

Savior

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
Scorsese is the GOAT to me easily but Spielberg is up there. Hes put out some all time greats. Saving Private Ryan and Schindler's List. The majorityof his movies are all at least above average and hes got the longetivity.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
so many classics :lawd:

Certified Classics:

JAWS
CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND
E.T.
THE INDIANA JONES TRILOGY
THE COLOR PURPLE
SCHINDLER'S LIST
JURASSIC PARK
SAVING PRIVATE RYAN
MINORITY REPORT
CATCH ME IF YOU CAN
LINCOLN (Once it wins Best Picture, Best Actor and Best Director it will be Classic)

PRODUCER:

POLTERGEIST
THE BACK TO THE FUTURE TRILOGY
GREMLINS
GOONIES
AN AMERICAN TAIL
THE LAND BEFORE TIME
WHO FRAMED ROGER RABBIT
CAPE FEAR
MEN IN BLACK

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Scorsese is the GOAT to me easily but Spielberg is up there. Hes put out some all time greats. Saving Private Ryan and Schindler's List. The majorityof his movies are all at least above average and hes got the longetivity.
Spielberg has such variety though. I don't even necessarily agree that he is the GOAT but one reason I could see being argued is that he has made classics in a lot of areas of film. I generally know exactly what I'm about to get from a Scorsese flick.

I don't know who I consider the GOAT though... thats a tough question.

krexzen

All Star
Daps
Actually "A.I." was Stantly Krubrick movie but he died while they were making it so Steven ended up finishing it as the Director. Stanley died before he could get Steven the proper ending so Steven had to come up with something. He tried to keep Kurbrick's style. The movie actually wasn't that bad and as aged well cause of the performances. As for Steven fills following a formula. He made that particular formula mainstream but you can't put Steven in a box. Look at "Jaws" then "Close Encounters" way different films both Classics. Then he dropped "Raiders" and "E.T." back to back. "Jurassic Park" was huge. Dramas, Action, SciFi, Historical. He it's every genre. To most people "Lincoln" though a Legend it's still boring and something you would see in History Classic.

Steven found a way to make interesting to the masses. Look at "Ryan" sure we've had War films but Steven's film really grabbed you right at the beginning as they were coming on the beach, you understood war. I've only see "Ryan" and "List" once cause they are so real and brutal that I felt I was watching The World War and the Holocaust. And again check his Producer Resume, he just has to many Classics as a Director and Producer. Now I admit his best years was 70's,80's and 90's. The 2000's he's been hit or miss but he still had "A.I., Catch me if you man, Minority, War of the Worlds and now Lincoln". "Terminal and Munich" were ok but uneven. "War Horse" was a decent drama but way to much like Oscar Bait. "Tin Tin" was OK but overall 2000's has been his weakest era but he is getting older now.

That's kind of strange because Kubrick's style is very different than Spielberg's.

Most of y'all probably don't watch old foreign films, but I think Akira Kurosawa deserves a mention.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Hes def up there..although i havent been a big fan post saving privatee ryan.

Jaws
Close encounters
Et
Shindlers list
Jurassic park
Saving ryans privates

Dude got some classic def. He top 5.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
That's kind of strange because Kubrick's style is very different than Spielberg's.

Most of y'all probably don't watch old foreign films, but I think Akira Kurosawa deserves a mention.

Akira is one of the GOATS and influenced Steven, Lucas and many others. He has tons of Classics.

kurosawa_index_01.jpg