Steroid gains outside of training

The Infamous

Superstar
Daps
I'm having an argument with master teacher over the benefits of PEDs outside of training (in this situation, training for a fight).

His stance :

'Also if you're not training, PEDS won't help you lmao, so they have to take them during preparation or they won't get the benefits.'

My stance: PEDs benefit an athlete more during training, but it's also highly beneficial outside of training.

What are your thoughts? How do you get no benefits from PEDs outside of training. I don't know how that makes any sense to him.

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
I've read about a study where people took steroids and didn't do anything else and they put on muscle faster than people that worked out regular without steroids. Here you go.

The Study
This 10 week study took a group of 43 men of normal body weight between the ages of 19 and 40 who all had some degree of weight training experience. These men were then split up into 4 different groups:

• Group 1 did NOT do any form of exercise, and did NOT receive any form of steroids or drugs. (Natural guys doing no weight training.)
  • Group 2 did NOT do any form of exercise, but they received weekly injections of 600 mg of testosterone enanthate. (Drug users doing no weight training.)
  • Group 3 DID exercise, but they did NOT receive any form of steroids or drugs. (Natural guys doing weight training.)
  • Group 4 DID exercise, and they also received weekly injections of 600 mg of testosterone enanthate. (Drug users doing weight training.)
All of their diets (calorie intake, protein intake, nutrient intake, etc.) were standardized according to each person’s body weight, recorded, verified and adjusted when needed. The 2 groups who WERE weight training (groups 3 and 4) followed the same supervised workouts each week.

Meaning, with the exception of the fact that some groups were or were not weight training, and some were or were not using drugs… everything else (diet and training) was equal and even.

The Results
So… guess what happened?

• Group 1 (no exercise, natural) experienced no significant changes. No surprise there.
  • Group 2 (no exercise, drug use) was able to build about 7 pounds of muscle. That’s not a typo. The group receiving testosterone injections and NOT working out at all gained 7 pounds of muscle.
  • Group 3 (exercise, natural) was able to build about 4 pounds of muscle.
  • Group 4 (exercise, drug use) was able to build about 13 pounds of muscle.
Steroids vs Natural: The Muscle Building Effects Of Steroid Use

link to the study
MMS: Error

I think whether you're training or not you'll still get benefits from certain substances. PEDs doesn't always equal steroids there's all kinds of stuff for different purposes (I'm assuming from the little I've read online).

The Infamous

Superstar
Daps
I've read about a study where people took steroids and didn't do anything else and they put on muscle faster than people that worked out regular without steroids. Here you go.

I think whether you're training or not you'll still get benefits from certain substances. PEDs doesn't always equal steroids there's all kinds of stuff for different purposes (I'm assuming from the little I've read online).

That's the exact same article I posted. He said it didn't prove his statement otherwise :dead:

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/its-official-ufc-boxing.387645/page-16#post-20222835