Sternum Pain from weighted dips......help ..

Daps
Word I need to get that crevice between the pecs I heard that's the best way of getting it

but I don't know how to do it without hurting my back I have lower back issues I would go see a Dr but I have just started a new Job

I don't go to the Gym either I put my hands between two chairs and dip:mjgrin: was about to buy a dip bar from Amazon but then got cheap:hubie:

and take this rep for being the only other breh i know on here with a Charlie murphy Avi:mjcry:

SchrodingersStrapped!

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.O.G/TMT/GGG/EL CHACAL
Word I need to get that crevice between the pecs I heard that's the best way of getting it

but I don't know how to do it without hurting my back I have lower back issues I would go see a Dr but I have just started a new Job

I don't go to the Gym either I put my hands between two chairs and dip:mjgrin: was about to buy a dip bar from Amazon but then got cheap:hubie:

and take this rep for being the only other breh i know on here with a Charlie murphy Avi:mjcry:

Hang the weight behind your legs instead of in-between, it forces you to create an arch and will stop you from curving your back and putting pressure on the spine..your shoulders should be completely retracted, it doesn't really put too much stress on the back imo...

Get you a cheap dip station with a pull up bar :wow:

Long Live the Murphy Fam goon... :wow:

Daps
Hang the weight behind your legs instead of in-between, it forces you to create an arch and will stop you from curving your back and putting pressure on the spine..your shoulders should be completely retracted, it doesn't really put too much stress on the back imo...

Get you a cheap dip station with a pull up bar :wow:

Long Live the Murphy Fam goon... :wow:

Already got a pull up bar:yeshrug:

☃ ೋ

Superstar
Daps
Take the rest of the week off from doing them, then when you try again, try doing them with a more upright form, instead of leaning forward. Also, flare your elbows out a tiny bit more than perfect form ex. elbows to the side I I <=> elbows slightly more flared / \. That helped me when I had slight pain in my chest, then I went back to normal form when it stopped, just more controlled than before.