Steph Lost A Splash Brother, But Gained A Splash Buddy - The Golden State Warriors 2024-25 Season Thread

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Wiggins looks like he doesnt give a shyt about bball anymore

Klay refusing to sacrifice shyt even tho Father Time isnt even knocking on his door, Father Time literally is behind Klay :dame: aint no way this dude getting 30m per $

Dubs really have no one to help Steph score when he doesnt have a great shooting night. Have some pieces here and there but not anyone who can give a consistent 20ppg without being a bricklayer

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Kuminga and wiggins getting cooked by Mike Conley :martin:

Klay Thompson :martin:

No shot creation outside of Steph :martin:

Steph still has to carry and he's almost 36 :martin:

worst frontcourt finishing team in the league :martin:

Kuminga plays over 22 mins, and only has 2 rebounds and shot 2/9FG and 0/3 3P. I was told he was taking a leap this year :martin:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps

What a clown.

Whenever I'm critical of GS, most of you guys shyt on me but I'm gonna spill my thoughts again. That Draymond punch and the aftermath exposed Golden State's lack of leadership all throughout the organization.

On the Draymond front, they've never checked him so he runs around doing and saying whatever he wants because he knows there will never be any consequences for his actions.

All last season, almost any mistake by the young guys (Poole, Moody and Kuminga) landed them on the bench for Lamb/Jerome and in Kerr's doghouse. Meanwhile, Klay and Draymond were allowed to operate with impunity, regardless of if it was hurting the team. So now, you've got a team that's hostile to young players. Klay shot them out of the series with my Lakers by himself.

They could have addressed this stuff in the offseason. For that, Bob Meyers chose to leave instead of doing his job and making tough decisions. That led to Poole getting jettisoned, Draymond getting his big contract and still taking his victory lap, constantly talking about their improved team chemistry and Klay in limbo, probably upset he doesn't have a new deal (he doesn't deserve).

Knowing they can't bring non-established players into the system, they traded Poole for a 38 year old point guard and nothing else.

So you're stuck with a team where Kerr won't develop guys or hold any of the vets accountable, the highest payroll in the league and basically no assets to improve the team besides your future firsts (I think they can trade three of them). Kuminga and Moody are fringe rotation players, so nobody's giving up anything valuable for them. Wiggins looks completely disinterested but maybe someone would take a chance on him because of his 2022 run.

This leaves Steph wasting his remaining prime years carrying a trash heap with almost no hope to contend again barring a miracle.