Steph Lost A Splash Brother, But Gained A Splash Buddy - The Golden State Warriors 2024-25 Season Thread

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Yeah Loon is cooked… I think that stint of playing 250 games straight fukked hkm beyond repair… Loon will def prob retire and take a role with the team like S.Dot… Maybe mentor and develop TJD…

I’m hearing Dubs might trade for a pick between draft spot 10-20… They speculating Zach Edey
He may be cooked in GS "we need you to switch and protect the rim" system where they are trying to win a chip...but in San Antonio where we would just need him not to embarrass himself for 15 min he would be just fine.

Aint no way Looney is a worse player than Zach Collins. Collins shot like 23% on wide open 3's for half the season. I need these dudes making all these AI songs with rappers to make a audio clip of Collins saying nikka so we can get him up out of here :camby:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Y’all paid Zach holy sh*t :wow:
It was part of the "Wemby to frail and weak to play center" story that season.

So Zach got a 2 for 34 :sadcam: and was the starting Center.

Then Bassey got hurt and was out for the year, and then Collins sprained his ankle, so Wemby had to start at center so Barlow, who does nothing but make light skin faces, could be the backup.

Soon as Wemby went to Center full time, that's when he started putting up them all galaxy numbers.

So now we stuck paying a backup who sucks for 17 million a year over the next 2 years. :francis:

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'd be cool with it if Weedplate was on the chopping block instead of Klay, but either way, Playoff P will need to actually play a lot of games and I'm not sure he's good for that.
Is klay better at this point? He gives up so much on defense due to his lack of mobility. We’re all hoping Wiggins returns to what he was during the run a couple of years ago.

:manny:

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Is klay better at this point? He gives up so much on defense due to his lack of mobility. We’re all hoping Wiggins returns to what he was during the run a couple of years ago.

Yeah Klay being a big liability on defense at this point really hurts the backcourt.

At least weedplate is solid defensively and is on a reasonable contract

Volt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Rio

I wouldn't say Klay is better, but I would rather have him coming off the bench.

As a trade asset tho, he's a Warriors legend with clear interest from some franchises. Gotta at least make it count. PG neither plays enough games per year to help Steph out nor is as impactful as before.

Trading washed players for a washed player on a max contract is stupid to say the least.