Steam officially turned 20

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos

If you would have told a young marsupial that just got The Orange Box and had to download this client, that it would damn near save the PC Gaming community, along with changing the game with the Steam Deck. I would have laughed and tried to get Half Life 2 to run on the Colecovision :wow:

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
I too was around when Steam first launched and I waited years before succumbing just to play HL2. The hate for Steam was mostly justified. It was essentially just DRM. I would love to hear someone's explanation on how Valve supposedly saved PC gaming, though. PC Game piracy is still a thing, but unlike in the days of game discs and CD keys, when a publisher goes under, those games vanish. I can list quite a few games I bought on console, but want to own on PC, but due to the death of the developer/publisher, I couldn't. (Until I discovered the Internet Archive)

Ya Sinning Mane

Superstar
Daps
That Steam Deck had me emptying my wallet on Steam Sales. I've purchased over 100 Steam games within the past 1.5 years.
ive bought games just because the sale that good.even genres i might not ever play.

u ever look at your steam library like :lupe:how much all this add up to?

then realize u got most of it on sale. :whew: