#StayStrong Support Group

Melt_Man

The Power to MELT!
Daps
I been with my girl for 5 years in a few weeks. Lately she been going extra hard about a ring. I can't even blame her though because I been telling her that for the last year or two I was gonna give her one. That was then though and this is now. I really have no interest in getting married even though I love her. It wasn't bad until her older sister got married a few months ago :sadcam: since then she has really been twisting the screws.

This thread is support for Coli brehs who are trying to resist the darkside while keeping their girls :umad:

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I+know+that+feel+bro+_9eaa5371d3be72363031c8ee568c8363.png

Costanza

lord of the idiots
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Jerrys place
And giving her a ring changes what exactly?

legitimises the relationship from society's perspective... and while that might mean nothing to you it obviously means alot to most women... and if it doesnt change anything for him then why not do it.

Also, I dont know if any of you dudes work in a corporate environment but none of the partners at the advertising firm I work at are single in their 30s... it would definitely make you look out of place if you didnt have a wife at 35 and your a professional...

its good for money to have a perceived level of stability and show even if it falsely, that your willing to adhere to basic societal expectations.

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
legitimises the relationship from society's perspective... and while that might mean nothing to you it obviously means alot to most women... and if it doesnt change anything for him then why not do it.

Also, I dont know if any of you dudes work in a corporate environment but none of the partners at the advertising firm I work at are single in their 30s... it would definitely make you look out of place if you didnt have a wife at 35 and your a professional...

its good for money to have a perceived level of stability and show even if it falsely, that your willing to adhere to basic societal expectations.
My dude.. Society can suck my dikk... Marriage holds no weight in this day and age.

Costanza

lord of the idiots
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Jerrys place
My dude.. Society can suck my dikk... Marriage holds no weight in this day and age.
thats all good breh and i feel where your coming from.... but if i got to mingle with some decepticons to retire at 50 with my own land out on the coast.... then thats what ill do... i feel the same way as you but im not above playing the game.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps

And some of these dudes will be in their early 40's getting a divorce and now having to move into an apt b/c their wife got the house.

Societal rules are DEAD. Do what you NEED to do for yourself.

I don't know what color you are, but it's easier for white dudes to get married literally at any point from college on into their 30's because the population favors their odds of easily finding a woman and society views them as the "ultimate catch". It's not the same minorities, espxcially for black dudes.....unless you live in a place like DC or ATL or a select few other places with high black population. Your chances of finding a mate are greatly diminished from that of a white dude with your

Myself and all of my cousins, both male and female, all with degrees all doing positive things, none married(one was but got divorced). That's just the way it goes sometimes and it's better than "playing the game" aka settling, when you already know a loss is eminent down the line. All that "money" you make from your image of being married family man will be gone and you might even be worse off than you would have been otherwise.

kickz

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Get married but make sure she signs the prenup, otherwise no deal.

Courts are ruthless and a brother gotta protect himself.

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang

And that's all you need to say, fam. Don't let people shame you in to making those kinds of decisions, as long as you love her and are faithful to her it is up to you when you want to tie that knot