Started working out just a few days ago and is this normal?

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i started working out last week and for the past week my whole body feels sore, my temperature is slightly up, my muscles hurt and I can barely walk. Is this normal? And will it go away?

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
i started working out last week and for the past week my whole body feels sore, my temperature is slightly up, my muscles hurt and I can barely walk. Is this normal? And will it go away?
Soreness is normal. I've been working out for over 20 years. I'm sore right now.
Soreness goes away. You need to rest your body too.
If your temp is up, you might have a fever or flu not related to working out.

larsattack

All Star
Daps
Yup, it always hit you the next day after you sleep. Just have to relax your muscles for a few days.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yup, its normal. I did legs for the first time in 9 months last Sunday and I'm just now able to walk like a normal 25 year old again.:mjcry: You'll get used to it.

Daps
can you be more specific. Did you workout your legs or not? if so yes they will be sore

Ku$h Parker

I'm Nothin Correctable
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Prime Minister of S.B. Westside
Yea just get a lil Rest and come back for more,its just your Body being all like":damn: its been a while,you gonna go in like that???!?!???!?!!!!!:usure::upsetfavre::mjcry::mjcry:"but stay with the Routine and It will go from :sadcam: to :takedat::feedme: in no time

thekyuke

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Tell us, what's your workout? Are you rehydrating properly? Without that info I can't comment,though I don't think you overtrained. Gym noobies always feel sore since their muscles aren't used to the lactic acid from the workout;after a while it feels good.