Starlito - Mental Warfare appreciation

Corndog

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A couple people in the top albums of 2012 thread listed this gem - I fukking love this album, definitely his best work all around. Perfect mix of trappy/soulful beats.

"I aint slept in bout a month I think I might need therapy
I tote this big ol pistol cause I think nobody cares for me"

:ahh:

Real shyt front to back

Last edited by a moderator:

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
My favorite is 'Hope for Love', and the title track, like a lot of Lito's work, there are some undeinable great songs, but a lot of tracks hindered by bland or bad production. But, Lito is one of my favorites, no one besides Buck does trap rap like him. He talks like some who did it, and still does, and captures the little gritty details, the desperation, the anxiety of that life, people can check Ross for the glamorized, (false) depiction, but Lito and Buck have that authentic side to them, that few do.

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
Just got put on to Lito a couple months ago now I'm listening to all his shyt. Album was heat

Corndog

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My favorite is 'Hope for Love', and the title track, like a lot of Lito's work, there are some undeinable great songs, but a lot of tracks hindered by bland or bad production.

I feel you on Lito's inconsistent beats, but to me this one is his most consistent all the way through. That being said, I can easily see someone not liking this or that track on the project. :yeshrug:

His lyrics are undeniable though, even when he aint really saying too much his way of expressing shyt is :gladbron:.

On the outro:
"Sushi in my stomach, chronic in my lungs
I heard a poet proposed to a sonnet that I sung
If sex is a weapon lil' mama's tongue one of osama's guns
I recollect the change campaign strong workin' obama n the crumbs"

Got me like :noah: