Star Wars the Old Republic

Daps
Does anybody play?

It's a pretty bad MMO, but I still play it from time to time since it's the only "recent" Star Wars game that lets you play in the Empire without defecting later on. And the cinematics are god tier

:blessed:

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
Used to play religiously until my account locked out. Probably 8 years....
I played through through the sith storylines, bounty hunter, jedis and trooper. I wanted to finish the agent line because it was supposed be the best. I personally liked the Sith Inq. The light side Sith Warrior and Inq storylines made so much more sense than the dark side.

I'm hearing its a "bad mmo" nowadays and more akin to single player mmo. Its ashame this is seen as a negative. The game should've been a solo play....literally all the parts are there. We only had to queue up to take on raids. By the time Knights of the Eternal throne came out, your ai companion could serve a competent healer/tank while you dps...we didn't need to queue for groups.

Daps
Used to play religiously until my account locked out. Probably 8 years....
I played through through the sith storylines, bounty hunter, jedis and trooper. I wanted to finish the agent line because it was supposed be the best. I personally liked the Sith Inq. The light side Sith Warrior and Inq storylines made so much more sense than the dark side.

I'm hearing its a "bad mmo" nowadays and more akin to single player mmo. Its ashame this is seen as a negative. The game should've been a solo play....literally all the parts are there. We only had to queue up to take on raids. By the time Knights of the Eternal throne came out, your ai companion could serve a competent healer/tank while you dps...we didn't need to queue for groups.
Yeah. I actually like the whole single player thing. Back when I first started playing I was on this huge MMO craze, though so the fact that it felt like a single player game and how I couldn't even talk to the chat because of F2P restrictions was a downer but I learned to not care.

My only problems with the game are the expansions post Eternal Empire and the fact that there's no Imperial Trooper class. I love the agent, but I want to be a grunt climbing up the ranks.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
its a great, if slightly dated, MMO and can be enjoyed F2P too

some of the updates to it have been great as well. runs on potatoes. better written than a lot of star wars stuff out these days,

hard not to like it