Star wars had the right idea with TLJ

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
Too bad nobody listened. They dropped a movie focused deconstruction of its own franchise that had a message of "fukk the past, focus on the present". The movie had a bunch of twists that had ppl in their feelings too, but still made sense (the fraud sith getting clapped, luke growing up jaded after several years) as well as others that didnt make sense (leila surviving in space somehow even though mace windu is obviously a more experienced jedi and couldn't).

The movie had the right idea, the execution in was the problem. They should have still played off that movie and shown some new space piff instead of doing more throwbacks. The EU may have gotten bushed but they could just make a new EU instead of relying on the same faces just because its safe

Thoughts?

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
1 star, potential neg on deck.

:snooze:

shyt was asscrumbs.

Sure the ideas may have been fine, but the execution and WTFness of shyt completely out of left field was horrific.

Rian Johnson's trilogy needs to be bushed by Iger IMMEDIATELY. KK should only have a title in name only and should be bushed. Execution with no plan was stupid as fukk.

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
I'm talking about the direction of starwars. This isnt a review of just TLJ. Read more than the title brehs

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I'm talking about the direction of starwars. This isnt a review of just TLJ. Read more than the title brehs

fukk reading. Anything with TLJ getting 1 starred off GP.

And no matter how great your idea is, if you execute it horrifically while shytting on everything you've come to know about the franchise at that point, then it doesn't matter going forward.

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
fukk reading. Anything with TLJ getting 1 starred off GP.

And no matter how great your idea is, if you execute it horrifically while shytting on everything you've come to know about the franchise at that point, then it doesn't matter going forward.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
That movie was garbage and completely ignored what was set up in Force Awakens :hhh:
not only TFA, but the entire Star Wars universe. fukk Rian Johnson and KK.

IGER NEEDS TO BUSH DEM BOTH!!!!
40 years worth of building shyt on by the two of them to make a movie that basically says men are stupid and mean and cowards and women are strong on top of what you both said. Didn’t even set up anything to happen in the next movie. The resident evil movies made fewer violations of the rules of film making than this abomination did. It violated so many of the basic principles of fiction writing and movie making. It didn’t even follow the basic 3 act structure. They even tried to send Finn on the exact same character arc he’d just completed in the previous film. It ended on a semi cliffhanger with no revelations, no plot twists, and no challenge to overcome and nothing for its characters to accomplish so there’s no incentive to see how it ends. The fan score on rotten tomatoes is below 50%. Phantom menace and attack of the clones didn’t score that bad with the fans on there. A lot of people need to be held accountable for allowing this train wreck to be made. It’s legit one of the worst films I’ve ever seen. The special effects are the only redeeming quality of this movie.

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I didn’t like the Force Awakens but what Rian Johnson did is pretty messed up. Basically told JJ “All your ideas were trash, I’m gonna throw them all to the bushes and let you somehow clean it up in the next movie” lol.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
The biggest positive thing supporters of this movie can say about it is it was “different” different does not necessarily equate to good. I remember watching this movie with a :scust:the entire film. I absolutely despise Rey and think she is one of the worst protagonist introduced to film in years nothing likeable about the character.

I will say this in Rian defence though the downfall did not begin with him, that fukk boi and his mystery box JJ got of lightly with the crap he dropped called the force awakens.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
How many corny TLJ threads we gonna constantly keep getting?!!?:dahell: The movie flopped and destroyed the franchise...

shyt IS OVER, MOVE ON ALREADY!!!! :mindblown:

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
Edit: meant to post in the other SW thread by silver surfer but this one i already accidentally bumped so fukk it

"Lucas goes on to say fans would almost certainly have hated the idea, but that it would have completed his take on the story. Lucas has – by choice – little creative input in the Disney Star Wars movies, and has openly criticized the movies for leaning on nostalgia, instead of bringing viewers into new worlds. His concept for the new trilogy sounds waydifferent from the route Disney has since taken the series, and while it may not have worked, it sure would have made for spirited conversation among the fanbase had it happened."

Sounds an AWFUL lot like

The movie had the right idea, the execution in was the problem. They should have still played off that movie and shown some new space piff instead of doing more throwbacks. The EU may have gotten bushed but they could just make a new EU instead of relying on the same faces just because its safe

Seems like George Lucas' critique agrees with me
Haters take this L

Last edited: