Star Wars actors mock fan who recut film to remove women

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Star Wars actors mock fan who recut film to remove women

Mark Hamill and John Boyega join social media derision aimed at ‘De-Feminized Fanedit’

Martin Belam

Wed 17 Jan 2018 06.24 EST Last modified on Wed 17 Jan 2018 09.09 EST

A fan-made recut of Star Wars: The Last Jedi, designed to remove women from the film, has been mocked on social media by the movie’s stars.

The film writer and critic Priscilla Page posted a link to a news report about the recut, adding a long, drawn-out laugh to her tweet.

DTodbFeVwAE2Iie.jpg
priscilla page (@BBW_BFF)
ahhaahahahhahahahahahhahahhahahahahhahhhhhaaaahahahha pic.twitter.com/Uz2JfF8Snf

January 16, 2018
This was picked up by Rian Johnson, the film’s writer and director, who responded in a similar fashion.

Rian Johnson (@rianjohnson)
Priscilla hits all the major points here but I’ll just add hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha https://t.co/f0bKJ9NeUe

January 16, 2018
Mark Hamill, who starred in the original trilogy as Luke Skywalker and plays an older version of the character in the latest outing for the franchise, agreed with a series of “crying with laughter” emojis.

@HamillHimself (@HamillHimself)
Agreed. But let me add
- mh https://t.co/H3jacep5sU

January 16, 2018
John Boyega, who played Finn in Star Wars: The Force Awakens as well as in The Last Jedi, joined in.

John Boyega (@JohnBoyega)
Great points. Hope it’s okay to make a final point...
https://t.co/YnXFrjW47r

January 16, 2018
The film critic Siddhant Adlakha‏ summed it up, saying: “No instance of fandom petulance has ever been dunked on this hard by creators.”

1430.jpg

Should the Last Jedi have gone over to Star Wars' dark side?
Read more
The recut of the film, posted to the file-sharing site the Pirate Bay, is titled The Last Jedi: De-Feminized Fanedit (aka the Chauvinist Cut) and comes in at 46 minutes long, compared to the original’s running time of two hours and 35 minutes.

The description accompanying the edit promises that the female characters and their parts in the plot have been removed.

Princess Leia – who in The Empire Strikes Back famously describes Han Solo as a “stuck-up, half-witted, scruffy-looking nerf-herder” – has had her role edited so she no longer “scolds, questions nor demotes” the rebel fighter pilot Poe Dameron.

Other changes include a swifter death for Captain Phasma, played by Gwendoline Christie, because, according to the accompanying notes to the recut, “women are naturally weaker than men, she isn’t force-sensitive, and we know nothing about any exoskeleton in her suit”.

Facebook Twitter Pinterest
Gwendoline Christie’s character dies more quickly in the sexist recut of the film, because of the gender of the actor inside this costume Photograph: AP
Laura Dern’s Vice-Admiral Holdo is excised completely. Rose Tico, played by Kelly Marie Tran, is not mentioned by name in the description of the changes, and is referred to as the “Asian chick” instead.

The person who posted the new cut regretfully notes that their version features “plot holes and continuity errors”.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi had the second-biggest opening weekend of all time in the US when it was released in December, earning $450m in just three days. It had the highest opening weekend of any film in 2017 in the UK.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People see stuff like this and then they lump the rest of us who had legitimate issues with the movie with these MRA idiots

Mra don't want to see women but only men in movies.

I bet dude cut all the females in boggie nights because the story flows better.

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
People see stuff like this and then they lump the rest of us who had legitimate issues with the movie with these MRA idiots
I'm almost of the belief that this is a Disney Marketing ploy trying to assign all criticism of the movie with some women hating nonsense. I mean who has time to do this editing. and why did the directors and actors go out their way to publicise this :patrice:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I'm almost of the belief that this is a Disney Marketing ploy trying to assign all criticism of the movie with some women hating nonsense. I mean who has time to do this editing. and why did the directors and actors go out their way to publicise this :patrice:

Breh this shyt is making money hand over fist everywhere except China. Disney's not worried about fan criticism at this point. They're worried about that cash register and the sound it makes any and every time someone goes back to theater either to see it again because they liked it or see it again so they can bytch about it.