Star Citizen Squadron 42... I held the line video.. Looks great release date Neveraury 31!!! lol (PC)

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY

PC brehs y'all gotta kick star citizen DEV's asses for keeping y'all holding on while FF7 remake got released. shyt starfield got released... what's up brehs???:heh:

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
One day they'll make a documentary about the scam that is Star Citizen. Whether they meant it to be a scam from the start or it just ended up that way because it got out of hand, I don't know. All I know is Dr. Umar has damn near got his school finished and there is no end in sight for Star Citizen development.

All I wanted was a updated, spiritual successor to Freelancer and instead they turned this into a game development quagmire.

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
So I guess when I watched the video in the OP the Youtube algorithm couldn't help itself, so now Star Citizen videos have been popping up in my feed. What I didn't realize while watching the video was that it was from Citziencon or whatever they call it. This guy recaps it and as much as I've given up on SC, I can admit that the tech looks impressive.

Particularly that server meshing. I don't know much about it but apparently they have people literally interacting across servers. Imagine you being on a patch of land that is rendered on one server and streamed to your PC and you shoot at someone in real time that is standing on another patch of ground that is rendered on another server and streamed to them, in real time. That is impressive and I'm interested to see if this is something game changing for the industry as a whole. So tip of the hat to SC devs. I'll give them that.

But if you watch the rest of the video and the impressive things that they show, you'll keep hearing them say things like "go into development next year". Say what? Some of this shyt like base building yall haven't even started developing yet? Good lord. Neveraury indeed.

Last edited: