@Stacker penecost on Cardi B's racial ambiguity resulting in her being used to further whitewash rap

Dead End

Rican B*stard
Daps
Reppin
NW Chicago
I don't know about all this. I hadn't voluntarily listened to a Cardi B song until about a month ago but knew she was a black Latina NYer just by looking at her and hearing her speak.

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
It wasn't rap fans, it was black women that went at iggy's neck. yeah they cried foul about fake accents and ghost writers, but all that was bullshyt, those same women were justyfying drake doing the same shyt a few months later. Black women are validated by white males that's why they won't go at the likes of g eazy

oh shyt that sound like a thread in itself.:ohhh:

Stacker Pentecost

Superstar
Daps
im saying....the fukk is wrong with this heffer...."in their feelings" bytch YOU the one coming with all this vitriol for these artists

Don’t watch videos and have uninformed opinions brehs :mjlol: miss the part where I say several times that I like cardi and think she’s smart and charismatic brehs :mjlol: make complete asses out of yourselves over a bytch you don’t know brehs :mjlol: be 2012 posters brehs :mjlol:

Stacker Pentecost

Superstar
Daps
Y’all really being this mad that I called this girl a silly nickname is hilaarriooussss lmao I didn’t even call her a dumb bytch or anything :mjlol: could’ve called her a talentless hack cum receptacle ex pole rider from the dirtiest boro that clearly sucked off the right person at Atlantic and a slew of other shyt if I wanted to be ‘vitirolic’ or attack her personally. But I actually do like cardi, have no desire to attack her personally (and at no point did I attack her personally in the vid that you nikkas didn’t watch lol) and don’t subscribe to respectability politics lol

Stupid nikkas think a critique of a bytch they want to fukk = a personal attack tho. No child left behind failed you all lmao don’t procreate dumb nikkas

Now THAT was vitriol :ufdup:

???

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can someone please remind @Stacker Pentecost that 12,000 views aint shyt with her attention whoring please everybody look at me ass. That bruno mars garbage was a one time time fluke, she needs to sit her white man loving fake militant ass down always bytching about something that will never change, GTFOH always whining about crap that means nothing.

CoCKy GeNiuS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
in 2018: You are not black unless approved of by the suburban septum service.
Requirements:
Must be shea butter shiny at all hours.
Must participate in internet ACTORvism
Must use buzzwords like Toxic, Unpack, Problematic, Misogynoir, and Appropriation.
Must lust over and then attack a successful black man who chooses an "ethnically ambiguous" partner...even though you have a snowball's chance in hell with that man or any man like him...or any sane man.
If you are not Beyonce or Rihanna, you have to look like Kelly Rowland...but fat.
You got a strong point breh. These so called pro black youtube activists slash weirdos have gotten far beyond themselves. All of em are out of touch with reality while beefing and keeping tabs on each other.

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Its not that for me

I don't fucc with Mexicans. They don't fucc wit us. 69 popping is a spit in my face as a black man.

Cardi winning cuz of her personality
Cuz if we didn't like her as a person, she dont write shyt, don't have a rap history and had been caught having a ghostwriter.

These things kill black artist she weaved that shyt like sweet pea.

There's a double standard but it's not racial ambiguity.

MIAlien

#FactsOnly
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wade County
Why do people keep saying her rise wasn't organic, no matter how many times that bullshyt talking point is shut down? This forum is obsessed with industry plants, labels "forcing" artists into success etc etc...and also full of people who have never gone to a club in their fukking life. Cardi's mixtapes were well received, she had big songs bubbling even at that time. Bodak Yellow was an obvious smash and was bubbling up radio before Atlantic even got involved.

I mention this in every thread but it deserves repeating: Atlantic is a TRASH label for rap. They do not give their artists the push they deserve and often are late to the party. Once again...this is the same label that didn't do jackshyt while XO Tour Life blew up. By the time they realized what was happening it was already a smash. The same applies to Bodak Yellow. Once the song blew up they decided to do their fukking job, which is to get her the mainstream looks she got. Why people criticize labels and managers for doing their job...baffles me man.

In terms of the race stuff...if you think a brown Dominican speaking Spanish and having an accent "white washes hip hop" you're delusional. :mjlol:

nikkas got me defending Cardi B on a Tuesday afternoon :francis:
Atlantic is the best label at building up less talented artists & giving them a huge push. They’ve already done this numerous times. Flo Rida is the best example. You think Cardi got a Super Bowl Ad, a Bruno Mars feature & video & tour spot, Made in America performance, Tonight Show, or SNL on her own? Once Bodak took off, they hit the button and took her from one hit wonder to what she is now. There’s a lot of strategy involved in single roll outs, choosing the best features, when to drop an album, and how to keep building off a hit.

Also, people don’t get huge smash records without their labels pushing songs on radio & once again, very few labels are as good as Atlantic is at that. You can’t organically go #1.

They have fukked up tactics & it’s all for $, not quality music, but they’re damn good at what they do.