@Stacker penecost on Cardi B's racial ambiguity resulting in her being used to further whitewash rap

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
Cardi B got people's attention by being "other " her Hispanic accent makes her sound "different " from black female rappers and her lighter skin makes her more acceptable.
Cacs and colorist c00ns will deny tho
I thought it was her ratchet social media character and appearances on a ratchet tv show watched by her target audience?
Maybe you should tell them...on LSA....twitter...instagram...the club...dodge neons...honda civics...and random section 8 apartments.
Make it a mission, breh.
Godspeed.
This applies to DRAKE more.

Daps
Reppin
in 2018: You are not black unless approved of by the suburban septum service.
Requirements:
Must be shea butter shiny at all hours.
Must participate in internet ACTORvism
Must use buzzwords like Toxic, Unpack, Problematic, Misogynoir, and Appropriation.
Must lust over and then attack a successful black man who chooses an "ethnically ambiguous" partner...even though you have a snowball's chance in hell with that man or any man like him...or any sane man.
If you are not Beyonce or Rihanna, you have to look like Kelly Rowland...but fat.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Cardi B got people's attention by being "other " her Hispanic accent makes her sound "different " from black female rappers and her lighter skin makes her more acceptable.
Cacs and colorist c00ns will deny tho

stop it:comeon:

noone would pin her as non-black/african descent based on her looks

she has more a of hood ny accent (regardless of race/ethnicity) more than anything specifically "hispanic" sounding

her lighter skin didn't make her blow.

I thought it was her ratchet social media character and appearances on a ratchet tv show watched by her target audience?
Maybe you should tell them...on LSA....twitter...instagram...the club...dodge neons...honda civics...and random section 8 apartments.
Make it a mission, breh.
Godspeed.
This applies to DRAKE more.

facts

???

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Indiglow Meta (R$G) you are confusing man, i think you just do this shyt intentionally. Do you have mental illness or something? You all over the place dude.

One minute you are supportive, the next minute you hate, gahdamn you bipolar man. :mindblown:

September

Symbol Of Excellence
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Idaho.
Forgive me to @Stacker Pentecost as I didn’t watch the video, but I will say that there is always room for a conversation on colorism and you can absolutely make a valid argument that Cardi’s skin color afforded her opportunities that other darker skinned women in her same career trajectory wouldn’t get (you can argue that for any profession tbh). She would probably agree with you too since she’s always talking about black dark skinned strippers getting shafted for light skinned ones.

That being said, how many times y’all wanna have this same conversation? :ld:

”One thing that always bothers me is that people know so little about my culture. We are Caribbean people. And a lot of people be attacking me because they feel like I don’t be saying that I’m black." she told Zendaya. "Some people want to decide if you’re black or not, depending on your skin complexion, because they don’t understand Caribbean people or our culture."

"I don’t got to tell you that I’m black. I expect you to know it," she added. In the past, the rapper has been called out for only identifying as Latinx instead of explicitly owning her blackness. However, in her interview with Zendaya, she made it clear that she does identify as black, and she wants people to stop correlating her race and ethnicity with her physical features.

Cardi also told the publication that European countries took over the Caribbean, but she still identifies with her African roots. "I expect people to understand that just because we’re not African-American, we are still black. It’s still in our culture." she said. "I hate when people try to take my roots from me. Because we know that there’s African roots inside of us."

Cardi B Doesn’t Have to Tell You She’s Black, You Should Already Know

Daps
Reppin
@Indiglow Meta (R$G) you are confusing man, i think you just do this shyt intentionally. Do you have mental illness or something? You all over the place dude.

One minute you are supportive, the next minute you hate, gahdamn you bipolar man. :mindblown:
I do what I want
:mjgrin:

ezrathegreat

Veteran
Daps
:russell: @ this whole situation. Cultural appropriation wouldn't be a problem if we would support black artists.