Squat Stands/Power Racks for Women (5'2/Short Women) Recommendations

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
Hi Everyone,

I am still adding equipment to my home gym and I wanna buy a Squat Rack or Cage Rack. I essentially want to use it for Barbell Work - but I am interested in pull-ups too - even though I am not that good with them yet.

Or should I just get a simple Squat Rack like this: Essential Power Squat Stand. All the racks but one are Sunny Products - cause they are affordable and cute.

Can y'all pretty please help me pick out the best one for me? šŸ˜Š

- As of this morning, I am 5'2 138lbs - and looking pretty skinny fat again. I am trying to lose about 10lbs - 12lbs from being lazy -- and lean out a bit.

- I want a rack/squat stand -- that can grow with me. In addition, one that is really sturdy, somewhat gym quality and I can add-on to -- and do other exercises with.

- Also, I live alone - I don't wanna get something too big and hurt myself.

Marcy Half Cage Squat Rack with Adjustable Safety and Bar Catches
Marcy-Half-Cage-Rack-SM-8117-1__85042.1660257675.jpg

Power Zone Gym Rack Squat Stand
sunny-health-fitness-strength-power-zone-squat-stand-SF-XF9931-02_2000x.jpg

Power Squat Rack
sunny-health-fitness-strength-power-rack-SF-BH6802-03_2000x.jpg

Essential Power Cage Squat Rack

sunny-health-fitness-strength-essential-power-cage-squat-rack-SF-XF921024-01_2000x.jpg

Thanks everyone! If you know of any that you like that are under $425 then please feel free to share!

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
Hello.

A couple things, do what you will with them.

1) I would never buy a rack because it's "cute". The shyt needs to be stable and strong enough to handle the weight being placed on it. :stopitslime:
2) Squat stands are ass. I wouldn't take one for free, nor would I ever spend money on one. Full power cage or bust IMO. :hubie:

3) Racks and cages are expensive, and unless you have a bar and plates you're still gonna need more cash to put towards this. :francis:

4) Racks aren't built for specific genders like that. The same 4'11" broads that squat more than you total use the same rack me and my 6-foot plus homies use. There aren't any racks inherently better for short people or for girls; as long as the J-hooks are adjustable, you're good. :upsetfavre:

5) I'd recommend having somebody handy build you a wood base for the bottom of the rack. Also, look into getting horse stall mats for under the rack and wood 'flooring'. :obama: