Square Enix is sitting on money not remaking FF Dissidia for modern consoles

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Game was absolute piff and one of the few reasons to own a PSP, way better of a game than Crisis Core IMO

2N61tyyncFaFnNFKLegVvzmsrMAExSDXzsHdqwaiRqhbS8g9i87R4K5gYTxs5VXbPoHUTP4qwPiacfttc2eMBbXAPhvusUMqoN7mLNNzxyYNGEWwKRyNRa9qTxAdU8P6XPo4XFoxWRyX

Last edited:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Yeah, the lame ass arcade edition with all the good single player content stripped out
.....?

what good single player content? lol that shyt began and ended with the cg intro. outside of that, it was just spamming the arcade mode and whatever let you dodge playing the actual story while still getting good gear. the gameplay itself was fine. they just didn't make a complete product and got lucky because at that point ff stans would still buy anything

that's why they went all in on the multiplayer, forced in what they thought was e-sports necessity, and had to give up when they saw literally zero traction to support it.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
.....?

what good single player content? lol that shyt began and ended with the cg intro. outside of that, it was just spamming the arcade mode and whatever let you dodge playing the actual story while still getting good gear. the gameplay itself was fine. they just didn't make a complete product and got lucky because at that point ff stans would still buy anything

that's why they went all in on the multiplayer, forced in what they thought was e-sports necessity, and had to give up when they saw literally zero traction to support it.

You still had something else to do and work towards besides versus. Being able to work through a campaign and upgrade your gear and skills and you still got some lore drops.

It was kind of similar to Smash Bros, in that you still got some special dialogue and endings depending on your characters. Didn’t make any sense that remove that aspect

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
i had the PSP version way back when (there were 2 PSP games). it was a cool game, but never go the second one

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Wait, you trying to tell me that this is trash?

1671568859430246-0.png

Working from home today. I've never played it.

Basically always online, they changed the entire combat system, stripped out the additional modes, and added garbage 3v3 system into it. They tried to turn what could have been a competent fighter in a class of its own into a shallow e-sports title

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
Naraka Bladepoint came and ate their lunch and did whatever bs they were trying to pull way better. Should've just kept making PSP games but i guess the market was shifting and they started farming their Final Fantasy characters off to other, better fighting games like Smash and Tekken.