Square biz: the majority of new music would've got thrown in the bushes in the 90's

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
All this overly techno influenced stuff....NOBODY in America was fooling with techno in the 90's.

The biggest thing I remember crossing over stuff like this

And that was just for a short period of time in like '95. i remember seeing it all the time on The Box.

Somebody was telling me about dubstep the other day.

I'll give everything a chance, I'm not closed minded to give things an honest listen, so I checked out Skrillex and all I came away with was :comeon:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJVmu6yttiw]SKRILLEX - Bangarang [Official Music Video] - YouTube[/ame]

Where else are you gonna listen to this outside of a club? And I'm not hearing what's so great about this. It's almost like new era DJ scratching/sampling except it's not nearly as good as prime Jazzy Jeff or someone like that.

This type of stuff and most stuff I hear now thats popular would'e been videogame background music or random movie trailer scene music in the past. :yeshrug:

People wanna call rap music "talentless noise", but then stuff like this is praised?

Last edited by a moderator: