Spoilers: Let's discuss Infinity War making a mockery of a particular human religion with one line.

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
Marvel made a mockery of the Christian religion with the "What am I supposed to say?... Jesus?" line. When Dr Strange ask StarLord "Who is your master?" When he was under the assumption that the Guardians were with Thanos

Even though it's just a comic book film it puts things in perspective when u realize how big the universe is and how small and unimportant we are in comparison with it and yet we have this silly belief that the creator of the universe decided to manifest himself as an evolved hairless ape on a tiny little rock called Earth to die for some stupid sh1t that doesn't really even make sense when you analyze it.

So I personally appreciated the line and thought it was awesome, yet very bold of them to take it there since alot of people will probably be offended by it.I would have never expected them to do something like that.

Clap for em

:ehh:

Daps
Reppin
Not a good thread bruh. This should go into the politcs religion section. This can go sideways quick
I disagree with it not being a good topic of discussion but i agree that it should probably be in the Higher Learning possibly?

Either way I'm glad they did it and pissed off millions in the Bible belt who chew hay and marry their cousins

:blessed:

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
It's the exact opposite. They put that line in there to appease the Bible thumpers, evidenced by the fact that it was immediately followed up by StarLord saying he was from Missouri. It's already known that Pratt a public supporter of the Christian conservative Trumpset. I agree that line wasn't an accident, but it wasn't a diss, it was pandering.

Daps
Reppin
It's the exact opposite. They put that line in there to appease the Bible thumpers, evidenced by the fact that it was immediately followed up by StarLord saying he was from Missouri. It's already known that Pratt a public supporter of the Christian conservative Trumpset. I agree that line wasn't an accident, but it wasn't a diss, it was pandering.
I'm not so sure about that

it was clearly mockery since they (Guardians) already know plenty of Gods and celestial beings, sh1t....his father was one.

Last edited:

ShaneTheRogue

Roguelike
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tennessee
Marvel made a mockery of the Christian religion with the "What am I supposed to say?... Jesus?" line. When Dr Strange ask StarLord "Who is your master?" When he was under the assumption that the Guardians were with Thanos

Even though it's just a comic book film it puts things in perspective when u realize how big the universe is and how small and unimportant we are in comparison with it and yet we have this silly belief that the creator of the universe decided to manifest himself as an evolved hairless ape on a tiny little rock called Earth to die for some stupid sh1t that doesn't really even make sense when you analyze it.

So I personally appreciated the line and thought it was awesome, yet very bold of them to take it there since alot of people will probably be offended by it.I would have never expected them to do something like that.

Clap for em

Nope. The purpose of the line was top Dr. Strange off that Peter was from Earth as Christianity is a Earth religion.

The delivery was to show how ridiculous that question is in the middle of a fight.

Disney ain't gonna diss America's biggest religion in their biggest movie ever come on now.

Black Trash!

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
But a lot of those advanced species in the Marvel Universe believe in gods too

The Skrulls
The Universal Church

I’m agnostic myself

Daps

Clap for em

this is a better video

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps

Clap for em

The idea that size or importance are anything more than human concepts and to use that as a way to point point human hubris in a universe where EVERYTHING DOES THE EXACT SAME THING, ie. exist and die, is laughable to me. If anything I'd say being the only parts of the universe that can perceive itself should be actually important in your eyes, but then again here you are acting like you're better than other people because believe a human concept that humans are better than other things. I guess your post in itself proves your exact point. What is funny is you don't even realize it. Ain't that some shyt.

Daps
Reppin
The idea that size or importance are anything more than human concepts and to use that as a way to point point human hubris in a universe where EVERYTHING DOES THE EXACT SAME THING, ie. exist and die, is laughable to me. If anything I'd say being the only parts of the universe that can perceive itself should be actually important in your eyes, but then again here you are acting like you're better than other people because believe a human concept that humans are better than other things. I guess your post in itself proves your exact point. What is funny is you don't even realize it. Ain't that some shyt.
Struck a nerve

#myth gang mad as hell

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
Struck a nerve

#myth gang mad as hell
I'm not mad. I was just saying your wrong opinion is backwards. Value is a human concept. To believe in things having innate importance would imply there is a "grand scheme" which would find in more with religion based thinking. Basically from your one post I've already proven your disbelief isn't even any actual logic. It's more human belief bullshyt. Their drinking koolaid you're drinking sunny D :yeshrug:
If anything I'm saying you're in #mythgang